ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Replacement BRP card timeline and emergency travel

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

srathore
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Replacement BRP card timeline and emergency travel

Post by srathore » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:38 pm

Hello, I have lost my BRP and have decided to apply for a replacement card, I would like to know what are the timeline for postal application (I cant find any inpersonal appoitment slots avaialble at centre closest to me within next 45 days and so thinking postal route). I might need to plan an emergency travel to india because my Dad will be going through a major surgery in a months time and if I dont have my new card avaialble by then what are my options to travel out and back into UK

zimba
Mood:

Re: Replacement BRP card timeline and emergency travel

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:53 pm

Replacement BRP takes 4-6 months to be issued. You can leave the UK and ask someone to send your BRP so that you can come back however I do not suggest it
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Re: Replacement BRP card timeline and emergency travel

Post by babe_khyber » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:57 pm

Hi there,
I was applied for my children in 2 February 2018 Replacement BRP card after expiry as ILR Settlement status. And today 2 August 2018 I have gotten new BRP card with one child card valid 5 year and the second card valid for 6 and half year. I hope the answer will help you. Thanks.
Baby khyber