ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport fee gone. Approval?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Alex-makedon
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Passport fee gone. Approval?

Post by Alex-makedon » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:45 am

Dear Members, I think of, if someone applied online+passport application, does it means that if they took passport fee it is mean that application have been approved?

Ancestor
South Africa

Re: Passport fee gone. Approval?

Post by Ancestor » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:49 am

Alex-makedon wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:45 am
Dear Members, I think of, if someone applied online+passport application, does it means that if they took passport fee it is mean that application have been approved?
No. From my reading on the forum the Passport Fee is taken off a little later and separate to the Naturalisation Fee and is no indication whatsoever of Approval.

Alex-makedon
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by Alex-makedon » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:18 am

[/quote]

No. From my reading on the forum the Passport Fee is taken off a little later and separate to the Naturalisation Fee and is no indication whatsoever of Approval.
[/quote]
Yes, naturalisation fee paid the same day when submitting the application form. But I think it’s not logical to take passport fee if naturalisation not approved. As they stated that your passport will proceed as soon as your naturalisation will be approved

Alex-makedon
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by Alex-makedon » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:20 am

Where there anyone whose passport fee where taken but later they got refusal letter?

TheRock9
Mood:

Post by TheRock9 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:23 am

Alex-makedon wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:20 am
Where there anyone whose passport fee where taken but later they got refusal letter?
Hi though deduction of passport fee doesn't mean your Naturalisation application has been approved, but on this forum only one such case was reported (though that person wasn't clear about that either). My passport fee was deducted and i received the decision after 4 weeks. so hope for the best.

Thanks
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:26 am

Alex-makedon wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:18 am
[/quote]
Yes, naturalisation fee paid the same day when submitting the application form. But I think it’s not logical to take passport fee if naturalisation not approved. As they stated that your passport will proceed as soon as your naturalisation will be approved
[/quote]

There are numerous posts on the forum about the topic and question, where it is categorically stated that the Passport Fee deduction (which comes later) has any bearing on Approval or not. My understanding from readings is that even though the Passport Fee has been deducted, if deemed grounds, you may and can still be refused.