ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CONFUSION ON SET O SALARY QUESTION -Please Help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

IJOS

CONFUSION ON SET O SALARY QUESTION -Please Help

Post by IJOS » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:26 pm

Hello all,

I managed to get a PSC appointment so I am filling out a paper SET 0 form, I have filled out an online form which is much much much much easier but I cannot for the life of me get an appointment online. It keeps coming up as blank no times come up but dates come up.

My Question is this, the paper form is very confusing.Section 5.6 asks for SOC code, current rate of pay, number of hours this pay is based on then number of weekly hours. Is that a trick question? I asked my office for the SOC and they said its 2129 with 48 hours but what is number of weekly hours. is it same as number of hours salary is based on? When i filled the online form, the number of weekly hours was not asked. I asked the HR /Visa office and they say all the SOC contains is job code, salary and weekly hours. Can someone advise me please.

Secondly section 5.3 question on monthly take home salary is a bit tricky for me as my take home fluctuates just now. firstly on return from maternity, we get a small bonus from the company but its only for 6 months so its not a constant part of my salary and will not be there in a few months and we also get a daialy bonus if we go to work at customer sites. These are not fixed, it could be once or twice a month or zero tmes. My question is what do I put as take home? Do i use a standard take home from a payslip when i was not on maternity and did not visit a customer site. My appointment is september first week and my August payslip will have some bonuses. what shoul di write.

If you made it this far thank you very much. I just don't understand why this paper form is this complicated

Aym
Newly Registered
Japan

Re: CONFUSION ON SET O SALARY QUESTION -Please Help

Post by Aym » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:41 pm

Hello, first of all, I can't answer to your question because I am working on online application! but your experience is a great help for me... since my visa is expiring in 3 months and I really want to complete the process asap. but if I can't book an appointment there.. no point...! Also I am having a trouble to input my travel history... the system does not allow me to add more after inputted approx. 30 transactions!! not sure this is a temporary system error or system limit... Thanks for sharing your experience.. I am considering to switch to a paper one..

IJOS

Re: CONFUSION ON SET O SALARY QUESTION -Please Help

Post by IJOS » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:00 pm

Hello Aym
Actually I was able to go online today and got an appointment through my online application so I will be going through that route. You just have to keep checking randomly