ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HMRC checks for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vidhya11
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

HMRC checks for ILR

Post by vidhya11 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:52 am

Hi, I am on tier 2 general visa and am eligible for ilr in another 14 months. I had moved to my current address a couple of years back and just realised that I had not updated the address with HMRC. I am wondering if I missed any notice or communication from HMRC during this period and if that will have any effect on my ILR application. I have not had any income other than my salary. Given that, can someone let me know
1. what does home office check with the home office during the ilr application process
2. is there a possibility of HMRC issuing any notice/communication for people on tier 2 with salary only income
3. if there is any way I could contact HMRC to find out if there was any communication from them over the last 2 years.

zimba
Mood:

Re: HMRC checks for ILR

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:34 am

If you never had any extra income, you should be fine. If you had any income (outside PAYE), you must register for self assessment with HMRC
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: HMRC checks for ILR

Post by Djsuccess » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:52 pm

vidhya11 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:52 am
Hi, I am on tier 2 general visa and am eligible for ilr in another 14 months. I had moved to my current address a couple of years back and just realised that I had not updated the address with HMRC. I am wondering if I missed any notice or communication from HMRC during this period and if that will have any effect on my ILR application. I have not had any income other than my salary. Given that, can someone let me know
1. what does home office check with the home office during the ilr application process
2. is there a possibility of HMRC issuing any notice/communication for people on tier 2 with salary only income
3. if there is any way I could contact HMRC to find out if there was any communication from them over the last 2 years.
The only communication you might have missed is your annual tax summary. It's not a big issue. However, you can update your address with HMRC here https://www.gov.uk/tell-hmrc-change-address
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.