ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

The 28 day rule. Help please.

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jettsettgoo
Newly Registered
India

The 28 day rule. Help please.

Post by jettsettgoo » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:54 am

Ok so a very basic question but I haven't found the answer so far so I thought I'd sign up and give it a go here. On the day of my interview the required funds will have been in an account for 29 consecutive days, but on the date of application, they do not meet the 28 day rule. Am I screwed, should I cancel and reapply and in that case will my cas be valid if I cancel and reapply.

Thanks

wikki
BANNED
Mood:

Re: The 28 day rule. Help please.

Post by wikki » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:17 am

jettsettgoo wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:54 am
Ok so a very basic question but I haven't found the answer so far so I thought I'd sign up and give it a go here. On the day of my interview the required funds will have been in an account for 29 consecutive days, but on the date of application, they do not meet the 28 day rule. Am I screwed, should I cancel and reapply and in that case will my cas be valid if I cancel and reapply.

Thanks
If an entry clearance officer hasn't started processing your visa application, then you won't need a new CAS. So, it is best you cancel it as soon as possible.

mcchances
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by mcchances » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:42 am

jettsettgoo wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:54 am

Thanks
All documents must be up to date and follow the rules on or before making online submission (and payment) of the application. If you fall short of this, then your application will likely be refused! In your case, your application will be refused on the grounds that you do not meet the financial guidelines.

The best chance you have now (like wikki said) is to withdraw and reapply but first check with your University to see if your CAS is/not used because if you use an already used CAS, your application will be refused.

Note that if you have already done the biometrics, only your IHS will be eligible for refund. This refund takes about 3 weeks and the you will have to make both payments again for your new application. If the money for your new application will be coming from this same bank account, then check to make sure the remaining balance meets the tuition and maintenance requirements.... If not, your application will be refused.

For more immigration related advice, please contact the International Student Adviser at your intended university. They provide expert and reliable (yet free-of-charge) advice and can sometimes contact UKVI on your behalf (for instance asking them to hold off assessing your application to allow you time to withdraw and submit a new application).

jettsettgoo
Newly Registered
India

Post by jettsettgoo » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:05 am

Thanks for your responses I'll cancel it on Monday.