ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got e refusal of my naturalisation applications.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sehide
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Got e refusal of my naturalisation applications.

Post by Sehide » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:20 pm

Hi,

I am very upset that I got a refusal of my AN form. The reason is that I did not provide a permanent residency card.
Before submitting my application, I have phoned the Home Office to check if I have the correct residency documents as I was not sure about the both cards (Residency cards issued by Home Office - blue and yellow) would be enough. The lady on the phone said it would be enough if I have these cards. Then I relaxed as also few months before submitting my own application, I have applied for a British Citizenship for my daughter, for which I have used the same docs and residency cards of mine. Her application was successful.
I have sent a letter to Home Office explaining all this and that the same docs were ok for my daughter’s application and if I have any chances I wouldn’t mind to pay for a reconsidaration too. This was in September 2017, no answer yet. In the mean time I had a lot of problems with my husband and was going out of the uk very often, so lost track of the application. Now I’m fewling much better and want to check of there’s anything I can help it. I still have some hopes as they haven’t returned the £80 to my account.. I don’t know what to do, where to start from?
Sorry for the long message. I hope you can help ♥️

ouflak1

Re: Got e refusal of my naturalisation applications.

Post by ouflak1 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:23 pm

Sehide wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:20 pm
Before submitting my application, I have phoned the Home Office to check if I have the correct residency documents as I was not sure about the both cards (Residency cards issued by Home Office - blue and yellow) would be enough. The lady on the phone said it would be enough if I have these cards.
Unfortunately that 'help' line you called is notorious for giving wrong and unsubstantiated advice. They assume no responsibility for the information they give out and cannot be held accountable. My first experience with them, I literally called them three separate times and got three different conflicting bits of information (one was right). It was that experience many years ago that inspired to come to this forum and eventually become active.
Sehide wrote:
I am very upset that I got a refusal of my AN form. The reason is that I did not provide a permanent residency card.
I'm afraid this has been a rule for some time. It's quite specific and there is no room for discretion that I'm aware of.
Sehide wrote:
I have applied for a British Citizenship for my daughter, for which I have used the same docs and residency cards of mine. Her application was successful.
Just to be clear, do you mean that you submitted an MN1 application for her? If so, under which section? 1-3, 3-1, etc...?
Sehide wrote:
I wouldn’t mind to pay for a reconsidaration too. ... I still have some hopes as they haven’t returned the £80 to my account.. I don’t know what to do, where to start from?
You can file for reconsideration at any time. The idea behind that is if you feel the Home Office made an error in deciding your application. It doesn't sound like they did, but there may be more to this that you've stated.

What is your husband's status (if any) in the United Kingdom? When did you file your application?

nadworks
Newly Registered
Mood:
Germany

Re: Got e refusal of my naturalisation applications.

Post by nadworks » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:52 pm

Write to your MP and explain your situation!