ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to get a copy of ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SushiWushi
Newly Registered
Mood:

How to get a copy of ILR

Post by SushiWushi » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:40 pm

Hey, i'm trying to request a copy of my mums 'Indefinite Leave to Remain' so i can grab myself a british passport. Problem is that i lost contact with her years ago, and the guys at Subject Requests require an authorization letter from her..so i'm basically stuck on what to do!

Hoping anyone here can offer me any advise, many thanks :3

ouflak1

Re: How to get a copy of ILR

Post by ouflak1 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:57 pm

SushiWushi wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:40 pm
Hey, i'm trying to request a copy of my mums 'Indefinite Leave to Remain' so i can grab myself a british passport. Problem is that i lost contact with her years ago, and the guys at Subject Requests require an authorization letter from her..so i'm basically stuck on what to do!
I've made a few assumptions here, but are you saying that you were born in the UK when your mother had ILR, and thus are wanting to get a passport based on being born with UK nationality?

SushiWushi
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by SushiWushi » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:33 pm

Thanks for replying, yes i was born in the UK and applying for my first British passport!

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:46 pm

ouflak1 wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:57 pm
SushiWushi wrote:
you were born in the UK when your mother had ILR :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:38 pm

SushiWushi wrote:
the guys at Subject Requests require an authorization letter from her
Errr, yes. An SAR can only be made by the person whose data it is, or somebody authorised by them.

When (month/year) were you born? When did your mother acquire ILR?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.