ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received my PR few days ago, Should I apply for my kids too?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

omaral
Mood:
Netherlands

Received my PR few days ago, Should I apply for my kids too?

Post by omaral » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:17 pm

So here is my situation:-

I am Dutch and been living and working in UK since 2005.

My wife is non-EEA. Her naturalisation was refused few years ago and so was her PR application due to lack of evidence of me exercising treaty rights.

She currently hold a Residence Card valid until 2022(was issued in 2017)

I received my Permanent Residence card last week which I acquired on 06-April-2018

My question is:

Shall I apply now for my wife PR? and Should I apply for my three children too(they are all Dutch)
Note: My children were born in the UK

vinny

Re: Received my PR few days ago, Should I apply for my kids too?

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:15 am

Yes. Your wife may apply for PR.
Children are entitled to register.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

omaral
Mood:
Netherlands

Post by omaral » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:30 am

vinny wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:15 am
Yes. Your wife may apply for PR.
Children are entitled to register.
Thanks Vinny,

I was thinking of applying PR for my wife and include our three children in the application? Is this wise to do this way?

Child 1 born in 2010(London)
Child 2 born in 2013(London)
Child 3 born in 2016(Manchester)
I was granted the PR April-2018 which does mention any child born after this date is entitled to British Citizenship.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:38 am

UK born children can apply for citizenship on form MN1, it is an entitlement to do so once either parent gets PR. They do not require PR themselves. Please do click on the links vinny has provided (entitled to register). Current cost is £1033 each.

A child born after you got PR is automatically British and can apply for a passport directly. Your 3 children must first be registered as British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

omaral
Mood:
Netherlands

Post by omaral » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:13 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:38 am
UK born children can apply for citizenship on form MN1, it is an entitlement to do so once either parent gets PR. They do not require PR themselves. Please do click on the links vinny has provided (entitled to register). Current cost is £1033 each.

A child born after you got PR is automatically British and can apply for a passport directly. Your 3 children must first be registered as British.
Thanks for your time and reply,

If I become British Citizen or my wife, would it be the same process for our children to become British? via registration or naturalisation? Is there a cheap option rather than the £1033?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:18 am

If I become British Citizen or my wife, would it be the same process for our children to become British? via registration or naturalisation?
Yes, same process. Children are register. Only adults are naturalised.
Is there a cheap option rather than the £1033?
No there is not.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.