ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Current employment for Preview Name? FLR (M) Online

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ladida
Zimbabwe

Tier 2 to FLR (M) Finace proof-confused

Post by ladida » Thu May 03, 2018 2:32 pm

Hi my partner and I are considering that I switching to spouse visa from Tier 2 due to Tier 2 being restrictive. My salary meets the 18k requirement. I am confused about the proof of income.

Do you have to submit all; bank statements, payslips and letter from employer. Or you can submit just one?

The website says on the proof of income section

"You’ll need to send proof of your income with your application. If you or your partner are employed, you could include:"

Is sounds like you have an option. The reason I am asking is because asking for letter of employment for this application will raise alot of questions with employer.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 to FLR (M) Finace proof-confused

Post by CR001 » Thu May 03, 2018 2:37 pm

My salary meets the 18k requirement.
£18,600pa not £18k.
Do you have to submit all; bank statements, payslips and letter from employer. Or you can submit just one?
All of them are mandatory. 6 months payslips with 6 months corresponding bank statements matching the salary credits/payslips and letter from employer.
The website says on the proof of income section

"You’ll need to send proof of your income with your application. If you or your partner are employed, you could include:"

Is sounds like you have an option. The reason I am asking is because asking for letter of employment for this application will raise alot of questions with employer.
The website is only a summary guidance. The Immigration Rules Part 8 and FLR(M) form clearly state what the mandatory documents are and they are not optional.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ladida
Zimbabwe

Post by ladida » Thu May 03, 2018 3:04 pm

Switched current accounts a few months back. I could ask old bank for statements to show that salary was coming into the old account.

Am I better off waiting 6 months with new bank account instead of applying with statements from two different banks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 03, 2018 3:06 pm

ladida wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 3:04 pm
Switched current accounts a few months back. I could ask old bank for statements to show that salary was coming into the old account.

Am I better off waiting 6 months with new bank account instead of applying with statements from two different banks.
Probably better off waiting.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ladida
Zimbabwe

Tier 2 to FLR (M): items of correspondance

Post by ladida » Mon May 07, 2018 3:49 pm

I am in the process of filling out online application(premium) to switch from Tier 2 to family visa through spouse FLR (M). I have been living with my partner continuosly for 1year 9 months. We have only been married a couple months but have been together for 6years.

On the documents section. I am confused about the 'mandotory' and 'other' document section.

Items of correspondence addressed to "me"and "partner" at the same address as evidence you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or from the date you first started living together, up to a maximum of 2 years

Does this section apply to me? The section is asking for two years worth of correspondance items. We have not been living together that long. And honestly we do not normally keep letters that long. Will this be a problem

Casa

Re: Tier 2 to FLR (M): items of correspondance

Post by Casa » Mon May 07, 2018 4:18 pm

ladida wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 3:49 pm
I am in the process of filling out online application(premium) to switch from Tier 2 to family visa through spouse FLR (M). I have been living with my partner continuosly for 1year 9 months. We have only been married a couple months but have been together for 6years.

On the documents section. I am confused about the 'mandotory' and 'other' document section.

Items of correspondence addressed to "me"and "partner" at the same address as evidence you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or from the date you first started living together, up to a maximum of 2 years

Does this section apply to me? The section is asking for two years worth of correspondance items. We have not been living together that long. And honestly we do not normally keep letters that long. Will this be a problem
This doesn't apply to you. You are only required to submit evidence that you have been living together since your marriage.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ladida
Zimbabwe

Post by ladida » Mon May 07, 2018 4:30 pm

Thank you for the reply. The online form seems misleading then. I was starting to thinking that maybe I am filling the wrong form.

There is a question also asking if we have lived together for 2 years. I answered 'NO' Then the next section says:

Enter details for any periods of time you have not lived with your partner including where you were living, for how long and the reasons you lived apart (this does not include holidays)

So confusing its almost as if I am being asked to explain why we have not lived together for 2 years. I would have thought that since this does not apply to me then I would have option to skip or the question would not be asked at all.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon May 07, 2018 4:35 pm

I agree it's misleading, as with many of the Home Office application forms!

If you don't want to skip the question altogether, you can simply state 'recently married on xxxx (date)'.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 08, 2018 8:52 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)

ladida
Zimbabwe

Post by ladida » Tue May 08, 2018 11:08 am

Thank you for merging the topic. Another question on the online FLR (M) application form

Have you been out of the UK since you started living here? I answered No. Then the next question is on absence details.

Do I have to list and explain every single time I have been in and out of the country in the last 8 years. ?. I travel quite a bit with work + holidays as well.

I have requested personel information held by UK visas and immigration just out of fear of missing out on few details. Hopefull that will be back soon.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 08, 2018 11:17 am

How can you answer 'No' to the first question if you have been absent or out of the UK???
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ladida
Zimbabwe

Post by ladida » Tue May 08, 2018 11:49 am

Sorry misspell. I answered YES. Just wasn't sure if absence refered to being out of the country for extended periods.

I have travelled alot but never for more than 3weeks at a time. And it has usual been on business

ladida
Zimbabwe

Post by ladida » Wed May 16, 2018 1:13 pm

Dear Moderators

Sorry to bump this thread. I still can not find accurate information on one of the FLR-M online form questions.

Time lived in the UK? I answered 8year 9 months

Have you been out of the UK since you started living here? I answered Yes

Details of time spent outside the UK I am confused here. On the same section the paper form says 'Please provide details of any periods of absence of more than six months during that time'

Does this also apply to the online form? Because online form just says enter absence details but does not reference what counts as absence. I have travelled abit in my almost 9 year stay here but never for more than 3weeks at a time. I started entering all the times I have been in and out of the UK. Just for 2017 I have ten entries. It starts to get ridiculous trying to track all the dates and stamps in passport.

Last question why do they ask for all this information when they already have it on file?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:18 pm

Does this also apply to the online form? Because online form just says enter absence details but does not reference what counts as absence. I have travelled abit in my almost 9 year stay here but never for more than 3weeks at a time. I started entering all the times I have been in and out of the UK. Just for 2017 I have ten entries. It starts to get ridiculous trying to track all the dates and stamps in passport.
You need to list absences as asked in the form.
Last question why do they ask for all this information when they already have it on file?
You are changing visa category. It is not for HO to run around and look for your information. YOU must provide and sign the declaration on the form confirming everything you have written or put in the forum is true.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ladida
Zimbabwe

Current employment for Preview Name? FLR (M) Online

Post by ladida » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:52 pm

I am planning to submit an online application for spouse visa next week and use the premium service. Switching from Tier 2.

I have been filling out the online form for the last month or so while gathering documents. On the finance section I am using my employment to meet the financial requirements; my partner is a student at the moment. About two weeks ago I had completed everything apart from the Declaration step. Today I decided to review my answers right from the start and it seems the form has changed in the process. On the Finance section after I have entered my employment, salary details and ticked boxes for the evidence I will provide; it is now asking for:

Current employment for Preview Name?. I assume these are employment details for my partner. But my partner is not working. There is no option to bypass this section.

tathmew
Newly Registered

Re: Current employment for Preview Name? FLR (M) Online

Post by tathmew » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:17 am

My wife has run into the exact same issue. Everything was completed previously and she was at a stage of just going back over information and now this new section has appeared - "Current employment for Preview Name".

I think it may be a bug and she has emailed as a technical query, but we've not heard back yet. One more frustration in the process unfortunately.

Regards,
Matt.

Divu

Post by Divu » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:11 am

Just been reading these posts as I am likely to be filling the forms soon. Let me know on your status and if your application went through.

previewname
Newly Registered
Mood:
Singapore

Post by previewname » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:14 pm

Another 'Employment Details for Preview Name'
Definitely a bug in the form. Same scenario - filled it all in, went back to check over it, now cant progress without putting in some dummy information for 'Preview Name'

emailed ApplyOnlineE-Support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk who aknowledged the bug:

'Our technical team is still working to urgently resolve the issue, we are unable to predict how much longer this will take.'

then, 3 days later:

'We have been advised that the incident reported to our technical team has been resolved.'

it wasnt, now back with the technical team.

Has anyone else had any luck?

CaptainJack
Newly Registered

Post by CaptainJack » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:20 pm

Good day. My partner and I have been doing our head in since yesterday with this exact same issue. The form filling all goes nice and well, I fill out the employment details for my partner, which is the only income being used for the basis of this application, however when we continue it is asking for employment details for a phantom person called "Preview Name"

There is no way to bypass it, when we have tried to just repeat the same details in the hope of clearing the section is just creates a mess at the end as it asks for documentary evidence of the employment of both my partner and someone with no name.

I have contacted support using the email address also written in an earlier post, I received a response after 1 day to say it has been referred to their technical support team. I am awaiting further response :o. This was today, so it has not been fixed. When I did a test run of the form a few weeks ago it worked OK.

cl65amg
Newly Registered
China

Post by cl65amg » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:13 pm

Same problem here. what is preview names? Can someone with experience explain this please?

previewname
Newly Registered
Mood:
Singapore

Post by previewname » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:40 pm

Hello all - good news, this seems to be fixed now!

ladida
Zimbabwe

Post by ladida » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:49 am

Yes it seems to have been fixed now.

But I can not find any dates for premium service before 24 September for Glasgow, Liverpool, Sherfield or Birmingham. I was hoping to attend before end of August. Its very unfortunate

ladida
Zimbabwe

FLR(M) Premium service appointment availability

Post by ladida » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:00 am

Is there a chance of getting a date before the end of August for FLR (M) premium service . I have been refreshing and checking all the centres but nothing seems to be available before late September?

Maybe there is a specific time I can check for cancelled appointments?

ladida
Zimbabwe

Post by ladida » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:50 am

Update on premium service booking just in case someone else is also trying to book.

I managed to get an appointment for next week. At the moment the booking service is showing dates for late September but if you keep refreshing the page every few minutes appointments for August show up. You have to try and book quick. Very frustrating as the website crashes a lot.