ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 priority service delay

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sara Iqbal
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Tier 2 priority service delay

Post by Sara Iqbal » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:21 pm

Hi guys
I applied for tier 2 general migrant with 2 dependants in priority from singapore on 27th july and submitted documents on 31st july.
On monday 6th aug i called ukvi and they told me decision has been made. I went to check with vfs today and uptil now they haven't recieved out passports. I wanted to know if anyone else is facing similar delays.
Inputs will be appreciated thanks.

Jabba03
Australia

Re: Tier 2 priority service delay

Post by Jabba03 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:55 pm

Hi there
I submitted documents on the 30th July and I just called and they said that a decision was made almost a week ago and I still haven't received any correspondence from anyone. Going to go into the center tomorrow to ask

apazhe
China

Post by apazhe » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:04 pm

Same here.
I applied as tier 2 general with wife and daughter as dependants in Moscow on Jul 27. My and wife passports was ready on August 3. But my daughter is still waiting for decision according the TLScontact site despite that ukvi confirmed me yesterday that decision was made.

Jabba03
Australia

Post by Jabba03 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:12 pm

Maybe the decisions are always quite quick and it is putting the VISA in and sending everything back that takes the time?

Sara Iqbal
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Sara Iqbal » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:27 pm

I hope so. Where did you guys apply from ?

apazhe
China

Post by apazhe » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:30 pm

No idea how this actually work. My understanding is that decision happens in UK but passports located in embassy. So whenever decision made, embassy in country should get notification, print vignette and send passport back to visa center.

Jabba03
Australia

Post by Jabba03 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:53 am

Still no update from anyone, called UKVI and they said they have no idea why the details have not been sent to my application centre as of yet. It is strange because generally people seem to receive their documents back 2 days after decision has been made. It has now been 3 and my visa application centre has received nothing.

Any updates for you guys?
Can any mods provide any details why it make take days after decision has been made as thought the decision making process was where things could get held up?

nwokediy

Post by nwokediy » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:32 am

what's the phone number for ukvi. I submitted since 3rd August .

apazhe
China

Post by apazhe » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:17 am

Same for me. My daughter visa decision has been done at least on Monday but visa center still don't get the passport back from ukvi :(

Jabba03
Australia

Post by Jabba03 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:45 am

I wouldn't be to concerned if you submitted your documents on the 03/08, if priority it is perfectly normal to take up to 7/8 working days to get a decision. Just google UKVI contact number but they will likely not be able to give you any information and costs a fortune.

apazhe and nwokediy you should post your timelines in the Out of Country application times sticky in this forum and make sure you update it once everything is received as well.

Jabba03
Australia

Post by Jabba03 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:04 am

Any update guys? Monday will be a week since my decision has been made and no passport under priority. Unbelievable and so stressful.

apazhe
China

Post by apazhe » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:34 am

Nothing new for me:(

iAmATeaPot
Newly Registered
Mood:
Germany

Post by iAmATeaPot » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:06 pm

Hi all,

Any movement/ updates from anyone?

I applied for tier 2 priority on 30th July, UKVI informed me that a decision has been made on 2nd Aug. No email about it, I got the info when I called their helpline number.

No email since then, no notification. The TLS website has no updates for me.

I am just wondering why is it taking so long for my passport to be processed and returned back to me?

apazhe
China

Post by apazhe » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:48 am

iAmATeaPot wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:06 pm
Hi all,

Any movement/ updates from anyone?

I applied for tier 2 priority on 30th July, UKVI informed me that a decision has been made on 2nd Aug. No email about it, I got the info when I called their helpline number.

No email since then, no notification. The TLS website has no updates for me.

I am just wondering why is it taking so long for my passport to be processed and returned back to me?
It will be 15 working days for me tomorrow. No updates.

iAmATeaPot
Newly Registered
Mood:
Germany

Post by iAmATeaPot » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:23 am

No updates for me so far.

I called the UKVI helpline yesterday and they advised me to escalate it. The lady on the phone did it for me and said it should not have taken this long ideally (considering if the decision was made on 2nd Aug).

Lets see what happens next week.

Has anyone else received their passport back? Any idea/ reason for the delay?

apazhe
China

Post by apazhe » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:31 am

iAmATeaPot wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:23 am
No updates for me so far.

I called the UKVI helpline yesterday and they advised me to escalate it. The lady on the phone did it for me and said it should not have taken this long ideally (considering if the decision was made on 2nd Aug).

Lets see what happens next week.

Has anyone else received their passport back? Any idea/ reason for the delay?
Just received email from TLS that passport is ready for collection! So it will make 15 working days from application date till passport ready.

iAmATeaPot
Newly Registered
Mood:
Germany

Post by iAmATeaPot » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:51 am

Oh fantastic:) congrats! Must be a relif :)

Quick question, did you receive any emails from UKVI / SHEFO giving you updates about decision being made or passport has been dispatched to TLS?
Or was it just TLS emails that you've received?

apazhe
China

Post by apazhe » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:51 am

iAmATeaPot wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:51 am
Oh fantastic:) congrats! Must be a relif :)

Quick question, did you receive any emails from UKVI / SHEFO giving you updates about decision being made or passport has been dispatched to TLS?
Or was it just TLS emails that you've received?
Tnx! It will be relief once I will know for sure that visa granted when I receive the passport :)
No emails regarding dispatch from UKVI, just TLS email.

chikisdreams
Newly Registered

Post by chikisdreams » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:45 pm

Hiya,

In similar boat as others. It would be of great help in terms of confidence if people keep posting as and when they hear their progress from UKVI.

Thanks

BabTemi
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by BabTemi » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:11 am

Hi Everyone,
I just came across this forum. I applied for tier 2 visa priority from Canada on the 26th of July 2018. I called the ukvi center from time to time cos my employer had booked me for a course 20th of August and after a number of calls, I was informed that a decision had been made on 17th August. I'm currently waiting for my passport to know the decision. However I do not have any idea when my passport will arrive. Hopefully the decision is good. I really dont understand why Priority takes that long. Its really hard to focus with such uncertainty.

iAmATeaPot
Newly Registered
Mood:
Germany

Post by iAmATeaPot » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:56 am

Same situation here.

Applied 30th July Tier 2 Gen priority.

No notification about my passport collection yet. it has been more than 15 days since date of application.

UKVI told me that a decision was made on 2nd Aug when I called them.

Anyone else in similar situation?

BabTemi
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by BabTemi » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:09 pm

I got a message yesterday that my passport is being sent by courier. Fingers crossed.

iAmATeaPot
Newly Registered
Mood:
Germany

Post by iAmATeaPot » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:11 pm

cool..

How long it took them to process and send it to you?

I called UKVI today and they said that "your email address entered in our system is incorrect, although you have typed in correct in your application, so we need to re-escalate the application and could take another 15 days".

So I have been waiting since 30th of July (date of application) till today for nothing?

Anyone else in similar situation? Anyone else had their application escalated? how long it took after that to receive passport?

BabTemi
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by BabTemi » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:04 am

It took about 18 working days to receiving the passport courier mail. Courier should arrive tomorrow. Would update the results of my application tomorr

BabTemi
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by BabTemi » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:41 am

Finally got my visa today. Biometric done 26th July 2018. Hopefully everyone gets theirs. Godspeed.