ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uk Immigration checklist

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

singhal477
Newly Registered
India

UK tier 4 visa Interview

Post by singhal477 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:58 pm

Hi guys,
I had applied for a tier 4 visa on 9th July,2018 everything went well,just got a bit nervous during my visa interview though i answered questions properly , would being nervous have an impact on my interview?

StanBrown
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: UK tier 4 visa Interview

Post by StanBrown » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:32 pm

No, as long as the answers were correct. Could you tell me the answers you gave?

singhal477
Newly Registered
India

Post by singhal477 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:27 pm

Q)Why did you select UK as your study destination?
Ans : The universities in the UK has a very good international reputation and has a very strong masters program for my course I.e. xyz . Moreover, the universities in UK are closely monitored by the quality assurance agency which make sures that the level of education is so high standard.
Q)what is your future plans after completing your course?
Ans : after my course is complete I would come back to India and work in a xyz company for about 2-3 years and gain some valuable work experience in my field and after which I would like to expand my family business in so and so sector.
Q) how is this course going to help you in your future plan?
Ans: this course will give me a platform from which I can carry out my future plans... this course will equip me with the knowledge and skills required to do all the works I’m involved in a more organised and efficient way.

wikki
BANNED
Mood:

Post by wikki » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:01 pm

singhal477 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:27 pm
Ans : The universities in the UK has a very good international reputation and has a very strong masters program for my course I.e. xyz . Moreover, the universities in UK are closely monitored by the quality assurance agency which make sures that the level of education is so high standard.
Ans : after my course is complete I would come back to India and work in a xyz company for about 2-3 years and gain some valuable work experience in my field and after which I would like to expand my family business in so and so sector.
Ans: this course will give me a platform from which I can carry out my future plans... this course will equip me with the knowledge and skills required to do all the works I’m involved in a more organised and efficient way.
I find your last answer too generic (not specific enough with concrete examples). Just my point of view

singhal477
Newly Registered
India

Post by singhal477 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:25 am

wikki wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:01 pm
singhal477 wrote:
I find your last answer too generic (not specific enough with concrete examples). Just my point of view
hmm, so likely it is that i'll be granted a visa any rough idea?
thank you for your insight.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:37 am

No one on an Internet forum can say if you will definitely get a visa or not. You must wait to hear back from UKVI.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

singhal477
Newly Registered
India

Post by singhal477 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:09 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:37 am
No one on an Internet forum can say if you will definitely get a visa or not. You must wait to hear back from UKVI.
Yeah I do understand that , was a bit anxious so just wanted get a second opinion. I hope everything goes well.👍

StanBrown
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by StanBrown » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:17 pm

singhal477 wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:25 am
wikki wrote:
singhal477 wrote:
Stay positive, you should get it! Only one was very generic

singhal477
Newly Registered
India

Post by singhal477 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:23 pm

StanBrown wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:17 pm
singhal477 wrote:
wikki wrote:
singhal477 wrote:
Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post and sharing your view. Hoping for the best 👍

srijannpratap
Newly Registered
India

Post by srijannpratap » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:36 pm

I gave my interview like 3 days ago and im just worried about one thing tho the whole interview was okaish but i lied at a point i dont know why, they asked which other unis you applied to and i said just oxford brookes where im going and uni of hertfordshire as a backup and he asked again and also which other unis you considered i said i only applied to these and considered essex, birkbeck and middlesex.
I was going through the reasons for the rejection online and i found someone said just 2 other unis and got rejected.
i'm really scared now.
should i be worried about it? can i be refused on the basis of this?

srijannpratap
Newly Registered
India

Post by srijannpratap » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:37 pm

singhal477 wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:23 pm
StanBrown wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:17 pm
singhal477 wrote:
wikki wrote:

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post and sharing your view. Hoping for the best 👍

did you get your visa?

wikki
BANNED
Mood:

Post by wikki » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:27 pm

srijannpratap wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:36 pm
I gave my interview like 3 days ago and im just worried about one thing tho the whole interview was okaish but i lied at a point i dont know why, they asked which other unis you applied to and i said just oxford brookes where im going and uni of hertfordshire as a backup and he asked again and also which other unis you considered i said i only applied to these and considered essex, birkbeck and middlesex.
I was going through the reasons for the rejection online and i found someone said just 2 other unis and got rejected.
i'm really scared now.
I don't quite understand your question. You mean you were asked a question but you provided 2 different answers during the interview?
If that is the case then it doesn't sound good

mcchances
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by mcchances » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:30 am

srijannpratap wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:36 pm
i'm really scared now.
You should know that your application is considered in the round in order to arrive at a decision. At my interview I only mentioned 1 other Uni and gave my reasons why I am more happy with my current Uni instead of this other Uni. The reasons i gave were pretty specific because I actually did my research and spoke to lecturers, professors and students from both universities.
I got my visa in 5 working days.

That being said, being inconsistent with your interview answers alone can go against you but no one really knows the outcome until you open that passport yourself.

My advice to you is to take note of the answers you provided now and be prepared to reproduce this with further reasons in case the ECO would like to call for a second interview.

srijannpratap
Newly Registered
India

Post by srijannpratap » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:45 am

First they asked my which universities I applied and then they asked me which universities I considered
Now i think about the interview I remember i gave genral answers like
When asked why this uni? i told the ranking, told about the location and like the course modules

How this course will help you? I’ll learn everything about marketing,Gain international experience , gain theoretical and critical and analytical skills required in the marketing world and gain knowledge about about marketing in an international business context. When i was preparing I somehow learned these points.

Why this course? I was always attracted to marketing, i want to learn how marketing is done what are the strategies and tactics used, i want to learn everything about marketing

This pretty much sums up my interview
Is it too generic? Or okaish

wikki
BANNED
Mood:

Post by wikki » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:51 pm

srijannpratap wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:45 am
First they asked my which universities I applied and then they asked me which universities I considered
When asked why this uni? i told the ranking, told about the location and like the course modules

How this course will help you? I’ll learn everything about marketing,Gain international experience , gain theoretical and critical and analytical skills required in the marketing world and gain knowledge about about marketing in an international business context. When i was preparing I somehow learned these points.

Why this course? I was always attracted to marketing, i want to learn how marketing is done what are the strategies and tactics used, i want to learn everything about marketing

the "why this course?" answer seems too generic
BUT we cannot predict the outcome of your application
Good luck!!

srijannpratap
Newly Registered
India

Post by srijannpratap » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:05 pm

wikki wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:51 pm
srijannpratap wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:45 am

the "why this course?" answer seems too generic
BUT we cannot predict the outcome of your application
Good luck!!

i also said we had these topics at school related to marketing in general i knew i was always interested in them and wanted to study more about them in future

singhal477
Newly Registered
India

Uk Immigration checklist

Post by singhal477 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:11 pm

HI guys,
I will be travelling to the UK next month,on a tier 4 student visa, I needed help in preparing my immigration documents,Could anyone tell me what documents are needed at the time of immigration in the UK.
Thank you.

secret.simon

Re: Uk Immigration checklist

Post by secret.simon » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:18 pm

You need to clarify your question. Have you got your Tier 4 visa or are you asking our help in applying for the same?

What do you mean by "immigration documents"?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

singhal477
Newly Registered
India

Post by singhal477 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:20 pm

Thank you guys for your insights. My Visa application was successful.

singhal477
Newly Registered
India

Re: Uk Immigration checklist

Post by singhal477 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:22 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:18 pm
You need to clarify your question. Have you got your Tier 4 visa or are you asking our help in applying for the same?

What do you mean by "immigration documents"?
Yeah I got my visa. By immigration documents , I meant after landing in UK what documents would the Immigration Officer ask.