ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

divorce help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zakzak
Newly Registered

divorce help

Post by zakzak » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:56 pm

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to look into my query in advance.

So i am a British national lived my whole life in UK. I got married about 2 years ago in Pakistan and my wife, Pakistani national arrived into the UK on spouse visa in first week of 2018. However i had become apparent she was not her for the relationship but infact as means of entry into the UK. We separated in June and i notified the HO of this. She is still in the UK and i dont know if she intends to return back to Pakistan

Now what i trying to confirm is if i went to Pakistan and divorced her in Pakistan union council under Pakistani law while she was still in the UK, would HO and UK accept this divorce? I understand overseas divorces are accepted but in this situation would it acceptable as my ex is Pakistani national. I need to confirm as if i ever remarrry in Pakistan in future i dont want this to be an issue.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

4uvak

Re: divorce help

Post by 4uvak » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:16 pm

If you are asking about future fate of your wife's legal status in the UK - she probably will be unable to extend her spouse visa without your support after her current visa expires. Until than, nobody knows if HO actualy will cancell her visa or not - even if you will divorce her and send them the paperwork.

I would think the divorce obtained in Pakistan while both of you are UK residents would be legal if it is permitted by Pakistan law. Therefore, this has to be confirmed with Pakistan authorities.