ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Few questions about Set(O)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hsyasin

Few questions about Set(O)

Post by hsyasin » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:21 am

Hi all,

I'm going to apply my wife's ILR through T1General Dependant 5year route. She entered UK on 14/09/2013 so is eligible to apply 18-19th this month completing her 4yrs 11months. And I don't want to send extra docs, just want to send what is required/asked.
Now I've filled the Set(O) form but there are a few questions confusing me a bit:
For Section 5 about finances, she's a housewife and I pay rent and bills so ticked the rented by relative and put monthly rent in, also she manages everything else so I send money into her account every month for which I've answered yes to 5.4 Does a relative or friend of you or your partner, or both of you, regularly give you money? and put the amount in the box that I send. Now do I need to attach my bank statement to show the rent being paid and her bank statement to show that I send and she receives money every month or is that not really required?
Asking this because in the checklist in 12A in Finances they've asked
Evidence of your finances. If you have to complete section 5, bank statements, building society savings book(s), pay slips or other formal documents as evidence of your ability to maintain and accommodate yourself and any dependants without recourse to public funds. :?:

For Section 10, what should I select option for 10.12 Have you had your fingerprints taken as part of a previous UK immigration application made in the UK or abroad?, is that when she last gave her biometrics when doing T1G dependant extension?
coz I don't really remember the date when we went to give her biometrics, as thats the next question to give the date when biometrics were given. :?

Any help/info greatly appreciated

hsyasin

Re: Few questions about Set(O)

Post by hsyasin » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:11 am

Just noticed in another post that you can apply Set(O) online.. yayyy :D

Have filled the application online upto the last declaration, and will fill the rest after 18th Aug when wife's eligible... However have noticed one thing, the information they've asked on the online application as faaaar less than what they've asked on the Set(O) form, which have got me thinking, am I doing this correctly :?:

like, I've reached the end declaration part, and the online application hasn't asked me about the finances question like monthly rent and money which the form asks and haven't asked anything about travel history in the last 5 years like in the form... confused :?

pkrallab
Newly Registered
India

Post by pkrallab » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:09 pm

That's my doubt as well. My wife has applied using Set (O) online and the checklist does not even include cohabitation docs although the paper form has it. I don't know if she should submit those or not, and if so, from when.

hsyasin

Post by hsyasin » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:43 am

pkrallab wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:09 pm
That's my doubt as well. My wife has applied using Set (O) online and the checklist does not even include cohabitation docs although the paper form has it. I don't know if she should submit those or not, and if so, from when.
Yeah let me know if they ask you to send any additional docs..
what date did she apply by they way and what docs did you attach/send with the application?

would be good if the experts or people who have gone through this process, give us their thoughts as well :roll: