ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 4 student visa from Lima PE

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

Paolark
Newly Registered
Peru

UK Tier 4 student visa from Lima PE

Post by Paolark » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:14 am

Hello! I have a few questions about my application:
1. I’m applying from Lima Peru and I want to know what are the approximately timelines are taking UK embassy to answer if the tier 4 student visa is granted. Note that we are mid-August.
2. Here in Lima we use the VFSglobal service. Do you know if I can pay for priority service the day of my interview at the offices of VFSglobal or I have to pay online after I complete the online form? I completed my online form on August 2 at the UK.gov page and I didnt know at that time there is a priority service.
3. About the 28 days of funds, I begin counting since July 19 through at least August 17 , the day I will have my biometrics and interview. Do you know if its ok? I submitted my standard online form on August 2. Do you know if It is also valid to count the 28 days from July 19 until the day of the interview or should it only be valid from August 2 the day I submitted the online form?
I will appreciate your comments. Thanks

ka97
Newly Registered
India

Re: UK Tier 4 student visa from Lima PE timeline

Post by ka97 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:39 am

Paolark wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:14 am
I begin counting since July 19 through at least August 17 , the day I will have my biometrics and interview. Do you know if its ok?
No, the 28 days should end before the date of application submission. July 19th till August 2nd will be counted as 14 or 15 days which will get you a refusal. You should withdraw your application and apply again. You should probably submit the online application on or after August 17th.

As for priority payment you should check the VFS site whether your center accepts payments on the appointment day, but if you are resubmitting application then you should be able to pay online in advance.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: UK Tier 4 student visa from Lima PE

Post by sah10406 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:59 am

Paolark wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:14 am
3. About the 28 days of funds, I begin counting since July 19 through at least August 17 , the day I will have my biometrics and interview. Do you know if its ok? I submitted my standard online form on August 2. Do you know if It is also valid to count the 28 days from July 19 until the day of the interview or should it only be valid from August 2 the day I submitted the online form?
I will appreciate your comments. Thanks
Your university has an international student adviser whose role is to guide students through their Tier 4 application. They will be your best source of information as you collate the evidence of your maintenance.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.