ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born in UK applying to register

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ntt05r
Vietnam

Child born in UK applying to register

Post by ntt05r » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:39 pm

So my daughter was born in the UK when i was on Tier 2. In a couple of weeks im applying for ILR and if all goes well should receive the BRP a few days after that. I would like to ask:-

1. Is it ok to register my daughter straight after I have recieved the BRP or I need to wait for a little while?

2. What is the shortest route to apply for her citizenship? MN1 form, online or paper? Use the council service or not? Ultimately I like her to have her British passport asap.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child born in UK applying to register

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:51 pm

1. Yes

2. There is no "short" route. Online and paper can be 6 to 8 weeks or it can be many months. How you choose to apply is your personal choice but many use NDRS with the joint scheme for online MN1 and paper passport form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.