ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How and where to translate marriage certificate?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pietruzzo
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

How and where to translate marriage certificate?

Post by pietruzzo » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:25 pm

Hello folks,

my girlfriend and I are getting married in Italy in two months and we will need to get the marriage certificate translated from Italian to English in order to present it with the Family Permit application.

Any idea about who should do it, how should it be done and if in Italy or here in the UK rather?

Can't a British consulate in Italy translate it since it will be used from the Home Office?

Any help will be much appreciated.

tiems
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Re: How and where to translate marriage certificate?

Post by tiems » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:29 pm

This is what the UK Government has to say about it: https://www.gov.uk/certifying-a-document

I don't think the British Consulate will translate it for you, but you could get any professional translator to make such a certified statement, I imagine.

kuisere
Newly Registered
Italy

Re: How and where to translate marriage certificate?

Post by kuisere » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:18 pm

Hi pietruzzo,

We translated our marriage certificate in Rome, we just looked for a translation agency online and has cost us 30 euros. I guess having it done in the UK would be more expensive, I don't know.
The British consulate is useless, they won't get appointments and they won't open the door.