ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

why can't I appeal?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SunSab
Newly Registered
Morocco

Visit visa to the uk refused

Post by SunSab » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:36 pm

Hi,

I recentley had my Uk visit visa refused. I am based in Morocco, I work for the goverment as a registered nurse, have no dependants, no debt, no history of visa's being declined.

I proposed to go to the UK for 2 weeks in September to see my friend (who has been to Morocco to see me) and of course to see London too. In order to get this visa, I collated all my documents such as payslips, proof work, proof of the right to leave work for this time, bank statements, payslips, also I did include proof of my address. My friend (in the UK) also provided his payslips, a notary form which is best for invitation, a letter he wrote inviting me to his home and providing accomodation and financial support. He working full time, with no dependants or major debt. However we received a refusal and although it does detail that my dispoable income doesn't match my expenditure why has the UKVI over looked all the supporting documents with no mention or thought of my sponser? and why can I not appeal?

Please see below;

Your application for a visit visa to the United Kingdom has been refused.
How your application was considered
You have applied for a visa to visit the UK.
In deciding whether you meet the requirements of Appendix V: Immigration Rules for visitors
(https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... tion-rules), I have considered:
your application, and any additional relevant information you have provided with it
your immigration history
The decision
The decision

I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the
requirements of paragraph(s) V4.2 of Appendix V: Immigration Rules for visitors because.
 I note that part of your visit is being sponsored, however, In order to be able to make a
decision on whether or not to grant you entry clearance in this category I have taken into
account your stated circumstances in Morocco, the reasons for your visit and your proposed
travel arrangements.
 You state that you are currently employed and receive a monthly income of 4850.41 MAD
(£396.089 at an exchange rate of £1 = 12.2458 GHS as per oanda.com) and that your
monthly living expenses are 3000 MAD (£244.983). Which leaves you with a monthly
disposable income of £151.02. Furthermore, you state that this visit will personally cost you
£700, which is approximately 5 times your monthly disposable income. Additionally, you
state that you do not have any other savings, properties or other sources of income. I have
taken into consideration the documents you have enclosed in support of your application
form. However, I am not satisfied that the documents submitted, when balanced against
your proposed expenditure, demonstrate an accurate picture of your personal
circumstances in Morocco. As such I am not satisfied that your personal circumstances are
as stated by you in your application form or of your intentions for visiting the UK at this time. Therefore, you have not provided satisfactory information detailing your personal and
financial circumstances in Morocco, which leads me to doubt that your personal
circumstances are as stated. In light of all of the above I am not satisfied as to your
intentions in wishing to travel to the UK now. I am not satisfied that you are genuinely
seeking entry for a purpose that is permitted by the visitor routes, not satisfied that you will
leave the UK at the end of the visit and that you will be able to maintain and accommodate
yourself adequately in the UK or meet the costs of your return or onward journey from the
UK. Your application is refused under Appendix V4.2 (a) (c) and (e) of the Immigration
Rules.
Future applications
Any future UK visa applications you make will be considered on their individual merits, however you
are likely to be refused unless the circumstances of your application change.
In relation to this decision there is no right of appeal or right to administrative review.

SunSab
Newly Registered
Morocco

why can't I appeal?

Post by SunSab » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:49 am

Why can't I appeal or have a review?

In relation to this decision there is no right of appeal or right to administrative review.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: why can't I appeal?

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:51 am

SunSab wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:49 am

Visitor visas don't have right of appeal or AR. You need to address the poinys on the refusal and apply again.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:59 am

Besides your employment, what other evidence of strong ties to home country did you submit?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SunSab
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by SunSab » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:01 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:51 am
SunSab wrote:

Visitor visas don't have right of appeal or AR. You need to address the poinys on the refusal and apply again.
I see thank you

SunSab
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by SunSab » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:03 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:59 am
Besides your employment, what other evidence of strong ties to home country did you submit?
I stated about my work for the goverment as a nurse, also in the application they asked for my parents names and a contact number alternative to mine, so I put my sisters. Other than that there wasn't anything.
I had savings of £1250 which were supplied in a bank statement but totally over looked....

my friends notary letter which he had done professionally from a solicitors was also over looked.

SunSab
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by SunSab » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:08 am

CR001 wrote:
SunSab wrote:

Is there any reason why you can't appeal with a visit visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:16 am

SunSab wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:08 am
CR001 wrote:
SunSab wrote:

Because that right has been removed, not just for visitor visas but Points Based System work visas too.

You can only appeal on human rights and right to private life grounds, which doesn't guarantee success and is also not relevant to your circumstances anyway.

Visitor visas are heavily scrutinised and you need to show extensive evidence of your ties to your home country. Years of abuse of the visitor visa system has lead to this clamped down.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

SunSab
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by SunSab » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:21 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:16 am
SunSab wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:08 am
CR001 wrote:
SunSab wrote:

Because that right has been removed, not just for visitor visas but Points Based System work visas too.

You can only appeal on human rights and right to private life grounds, which doesn't guarantee success and is also not relevant to your circumstances anyway.

Visitor visas are heavily scrutinised and you need to show extensive evidence of your ties to your home country. Years of abuse of the visitor visa system has lead to this clamped down.

I see, thanks for the information - that's a real shame my visit was genuine with no intention of staying in the UK, but it looks like their decision was mainly made on my salary, which was backed up by my savings and sponsers support. Do you know if spouse/family visa's can be appealed if refused?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:28 am

Spouse settlement visas do have the right to appeal/AR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

SunSab
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by SunSab » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:32 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:28 am
I see, thanks I also replied to your comment on my home ties,.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:37 am

SunSab wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:03 am
CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:59 am
I stated about my work for the goverment as a nurse, also in the application they asked for my parents names and a contact number alternative to mine, so I put my sisters. Other than that there wasn't anything.
I had savings of £1250 which were supplied in a bank statement but totally over looked....

my friends notary letter which he had done professionally from a solicitors was also over looked.
You needed to provide evidence of family ties, not just names and telephone numbers.

HO expect to see evidence of family, social, financial, employment, property etc ties.

A notary invitation letter and UK sponsor details is less relevant than your evidence of ties. Your friend using a solicitor has no influence on your application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:38 am

Is the person you were planning to visit only a friend or a boyfriend/girlfriend??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

SunSab
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by SunSab » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:58 am

SunSab wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:32 am
CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:28 am
I see, thanks I also replied to your comment on my home ties,.

Thanks you did, I also replied back thanks again you're very helpful !

SunSab
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by SunSab » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:58 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:38 am
Is the person you were planning to visit only a friend or a boyfriend/girlfriend??
my boyfriend but I did not want to state that incase they thought we plan to "secretly marry"

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:04 am

SunSab wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:58 am
CR001 wrote:
my boyfriend but I did not want to state that incase they thought we plan to "secretly marry"
So you were not completely honest. Bear in mind that if you now choose to apply for a fiance/spouse settlement visa, HO could raise the question as you have stated in another application (refused visit visa) that he is just a 'friend'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

SunSab
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by SunSab » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:12 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:04 am
SunSab wrote:
CR001 wrote:
So you were not completely honest. Bear in mind that if you now choose to apply for a fiance/spouse settlement visa, HO could raise the question as you have stated in another application (refused visit visa) that he is just a 'friend'.
yes but we were thinking on saying our relationship has developed into something more because he is due to come to morocco in a week can we say that our relationship has become more than friendship....?

SunSab
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by SunSab » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:13 am

CR001 wrote:
SunSab wrote:
CR001 wrote:
we were worried that if i was coming to see my boyfriend they would think it odd...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:16 am

SunSab wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:13 am
CR001 wrote:
SunSab wrote:
CR001 wrote:
we were worried that if i was coming to see my boyfriend they would think it odd...
Suggest not try to guess what HO might think. It is ALWAYS better to be honest when dealing with HO.

If and when you get to a Fiance/spouse visa point, suggest ask questions about the process then.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

SunSab
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by SunSab » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:24 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:16 am
SunSab wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:13 am
CR001 wrote:
SunSab wrote:

Suggest not try to guess what HO might think. It is ALWAYS better to be honest when dealing with HO.

If and when you get to a Fiance/spouse visa point, suggest ask questions about the process then.

Ok thank you, when you say ask questions on the process who do you suggest I can ask please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:28 am

IF you get to the point where you want to apply for a spouse visa, start a new topic on the forum and ask any questions you have on the process that are unclear from the information available on HO's website and the online form process and members will respond.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

SunSab
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by SunSab » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:32 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:28 am
IF you get to the point where you want to apply for a spouse visa, start a new topic on the forum and ask any questions you have on the process that are unclear from the information available on HO's website and the online form process and members will respond.
Ok thank you, that is what I intend on doing thank you very much

SunSab
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by SunSab » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:38 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:28 am
Do you genuinely think it will be a problem if we do a spouse visa? but explain our relationship has developed further?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:52 am

It depends on when you plan to apply etc, what evidence you have of communication and subsisting relationship etc.

Do bear in mind though though that HO could cross check any future application you make with previous applications you have made as it will all be on their system.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

SunSab
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by SunSab » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:06 am

we plan to make it towards the end of the year, after he has come to morocco, they say they cant judge each visa from previous but on their own merit