ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

irish naturalisation question

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

deemaxxx
Newly Registered
Ireland

thai wife & irish naturalisation

Post by deemaxxx » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:53 am

wife is thai

i am a uk & irish passport holder

our 6 year old daughter who was born here in belfast has also a british & irish passport

11 years now she has been resident in belfast ( northern ireland - uk ) yes confusing isnt it. lol

wife has ILR in UK

wife is " not " working at present.

we are still legally married

can she apply or get irish naturalisation ?

thankyou

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: thai wife & irish naturalisation

Post by chaoclive » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:08 pm

Of course she can. She is eligible to apply as long as she meets the following requirements:

You must be married to or in a recognised civil partnership* with the Irish citizen for at least 3 years
You must have had a period of 1 year's continuous reckonable residence - see below - in the island of Ireland immediately before the date of your application, and during the 4 years preceding that, have had a total reckonable residence in the island of Ireland amounting to 2 years. Altogether you must have a total of 3 years reckonable residence out of the last 5 years.
Your marriage or civil partnership must be recognised as valid under Irish law
You and your spouse or civil partner must be living together as a married couple or civil partners
You must be of full age, good character and intend to continue to live on the island of Ireland
You must have made a declaration of fidelity to the nation and loyalty to the State.

See here: http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/mo ... riage.html

She could have applied years ago.

deemaxxx
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by deemaxxx » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:17 am

thankyou

but she is unemployed at present and i am on receipt of welfare sickness benefit due to injury

so, does this matter ? again many thanks for your time

deemaxxx
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by deemaxxx » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:18 am

chaoclive wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:08 pm
Of course she can. She is eligible to apply as long as she meets the following requirements:

You must be married to or in a recognised civil partnership* with the Irish citizen for at least 3 years
You must have had a period of 1 year's continuous reckonable residence - see below - in the island of Ireland immediately before the date of your application, and during the 4 years preceding that, have had a total reckonable residence in the island of Ireland amounting to 2 years. Altogether you must have a total of 3 years reckonable residence out of the last 5 years.
You and your spouse or civil partner must be living together as a married couple or civil partners
You must be of full age, good character and intend to continue to live on the island of Ireland
You must have made a declaration of fidelity to the nation and loyalty to the State.

thankyou

but she is unemployed at present and i am on receipt of welfare sickness benefit due to injury

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:36 pm

deemaxxx wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:18 am
chaoclive wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:08 pm

thankyou

It won’t impact her application, others in this forum were granted Irish citizenship while unemployed or receiving Social Assistance.

Better to be upfront and honest about it because they check with the revenue (or their counterpart in the UK) and will know that you are claiming benefits anyways. I will be honest, my personal recommendation would be to stay away from any sort of Social Assistance if you are planning to apply for citizenship in Ireland but they will assess personal circumstances on a case by case basis and if you have good reasons for it then it won’t go against you.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

Carensza
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Carensza » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:08 am

My husband and I are in the north, he's on long term disability and I receive carer's allowance on his behalf, this isn't the dole, it's disability payment and when I put my application in I just ticked the box and wrote what he received on the form, I also have long term residency in NI. Good luck

deemaxxx
Newly Registered
Ireland

wifes naturalisation to ireland - question

Post by deemaxxx » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:31 am

hi
my wife is thai.
she will apply for irish naturalisation soon
we live in belfast
we have a 9 year old daughter born here in belfast
she wants to get my daughter an irish passport ( she allready has a thai & uk passport)

question.....will getting my daughter an irish passport be any help ro her in her application for irish naturalisation ?

i had irish passport but it has just expired.

thankyou

jack

deemaxxx
Newly Registered
Ireland

irish naturalisation question

Post by deemaxxx » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:55 pm

hi
my wife is thai.
she will apply for irish naturalisation soon
we live in belfast
we have a 9 year old daughter born here in belfast
she wants to get my daughter an irish passport ( she allready has a thai & uk passport)

1 QUESTION .....will getting my daughter an irish passport be any help ro her in her application for irish naturalisation ?

i had irish passport but it has just expired.

thankyou

jack