ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI or Indian Visa???

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

srikk345
Newly Registered
India

OCI or Indian Visa???

Post by srikk345 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:42 pm

I am an Indian Citizen living in UK with my wife and 2 Daughters 6 years and 1.5 years old.

Younger daughter was born in UK. She has got her British passport since birth as we had our PR. She also has her OCI, with which we have travelled to India as well.

Recently my wife took up a full time job in Ministry of Defence. This week my wife and our elder daughter have got British citizenship. They will be surrendering their Indian passport next week.

I am an Indian citizen and currently have no intension to get a British Citizenship. I work in a pvt limited company.

Can you please clarify following points for me?

1) Although my wife is working for MoD, as she is in a civilian role, can she apply for OCI or does she need to apply for Indian visa instead.

2) Is our elder daughter who has also become a British Citizen along with my wife, eligible for OCI or does she need to apply for Indian visa.

3) Our younger daughter who is a British citizen currently holding an OCI, can she still keep her OCI.

We will really appreciate if you can kindly respond to above 3 individual questions. Thanks in advance.

takdeerwala
India

Re: OCI or Indian Visa???

Post by takdeerwala » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:20 am

This is a good link from Cox & King which are official agency for OCI applications in USA.

https://www.in.ckgs.us/faq/oci/general- ... i-card#848

1) Depending on your wife job position, chances are very slim that your wife will get OCI Card. But there is no harm in applying as most of the application fees is refunded. They will need salary slip to determine eligibility.

2) It depends on the age of your daughter. 18 plus then eligible. If less then 18 then not eligible based on parent disqualification. Still I would advise to apply separately for mother and daughter. Let them decide whether mother is eligible or not.

3) No need to surrender. Once she reaches the age of 20, she will be eligible for extension of OCI.

srikk345
Newly Registered
India

Post by srikk345 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:19 pm

Thanks a lot. I will give it a shot for my Wife's OCI.

Thanks again

northie-dude
Newly Registered

Post by northie-dude » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:16 am

Hello

Does anybody know fees for Indian e-Visa from UK?

My options are to go for e-Visa or get an OCI for my child for travelling in December.
OCI timelines are a bit uncertain(though most people seem to get back documents in 6 weeks) hence would prefer e-Visa.
But I cant find e-Visa fees mentioned clearly anywhere.