ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working under brp replacement visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Zumbaleena
Newly Registered
India

Full passport brp lost spain

Post by Zumbaleena » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:44 am

Hello everyone

We are a family of 4 who have all lost their passports in Spain. My husband and kids are British citizens and will get emergency travel documents to travel to UK easily.

I am an Indian passport holder with BRP which is lost too. My kids are quite young and have additional needs. I have applied for my Indian passport and it should be arriving early next week in Spain.

I have read extensively on the forums and am split between 3 options -

1. We all stay back in spain until my brp replacement visa arrives. It will be very expensive...can take 2-3 weeks but we will all be together.

2. Kids and dad go to UK and I fly to India to apply for brp visa. No timeline available.

3. Try to board flight from spain highly unlikely or try our luck with border control in eurostar france. Some people had positive experience over there.

Kindly advise. I have done the usual - cancelled brp, been to uk consulate with no help, filed police report.

4uvak

Re: Full passport brp lost spain

Post by 4uvak » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:32 pm

Well, while you are there, try your luck with eurostar (although I would think it might work with EEA citizen's family members rather than UK citizen's family - but you never know) - a BRP copy might help. If it does not work and the option 1 is not suitable, than option 2.

Zumbaleena
Newly Registered
India

Re: Full passport brp lost spain

Post by Zumbaleena » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:48 pm

To post an update...we applied for an emergency passport from my home country - India - arrived in 5 business days. Applied for brp replacement visa on priority basis....arrived in 4 days and we fly back to London tomorrow. ETD for other family members took 5 hours at British Embassy. Thanks to threads on this forum.

Zumbaleena
Newly Registered
India

Working under brp replacement visa

Post by Zumbaleena » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:55 pm

Hello all

I have recieved my brp replacement visa stating - employment prohibited. How seriously is this to be taken? I intend to apply for brp rc using premium service appt asap although appointments are a problem currently.

Previous moderators have listed that it is standard warning and visa does not actually reflect our status - my old BRP was valid until 2022 and I am applying for a like to like replacement. Previous BRP card is cancelled but not my status that allows me to work.

HO does not have clear guidelines on this. Also if BRP is lost within UK there is no restriction on work only one needs to apply for a replacement within 3 months.

With all of the above logic says I can continue to work. However I would welcome any input.