ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 appliaction(FLR) from HSMP thread

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ashishashah
India

Tier 1 appliaction(FLR) from HSMP thread

Post by ashishashah » Thu May 01, 2008 7:13 pm

Hello,

Any one who is currently on HSMP and is in UK and now for FLR would be applying for Tier 1??

Lets start a thread here to discuss progress/form filling question..

( i have seareched the forum,but couldnt find a thread for this category,so starting a new one)..

Ashish

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 01, 2008 7:28 pm

Just posted my wife's extension application a few hours ago. Initial leave to remain under HSMP was granted in May 2006.

Application sent: 01-May (special delivery)
Application received: 02-May
Payment deducted: 02-May (confirmed by bank on 03-May on phone)

Documents submitted in the application:
1. Cover letter
2. Tier 1 application form
3. Passport
4. Payslips for 12 months
5. Bank statements showing salary credit of the same 12 months.
6. IELTS test report
7. Bank statement as evidence of maintenance funds.
8. Self-addressed prepaid special delivery envelope.

Will update status on the application as soon as I have something.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Sat May 03, 2008 6:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Fri May 02, 2008 8:39 am

Thanks Sush,

I have another query...This is about timing of Application for FLR...

1)My HSMP is expiring in Nov -08,but i am trying to apply for FLR in Aug/Sep 08 ...So would that be a problem??(2-3 months early)

2)Also do i need to apply for FLR on 1st of a month as i get my salary on 30th of each month.,but i get my bank statement on 20th of each month...So i can only apply on 21st of a month with LAST months salary details(as i need to attach bank statement as well)..Is this fine??

3)Pay slips: I get the normal "green" coloured pay slips..Would this suffice??Or did you take employer's stamp/sign on that??

Thanks
Ashish

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 02, 2008 11:19 am

1. Not sure. Some people say its okay if you apply 2-3 months before expiry or even earlier than that, but I had read somewhere that one should appy within 5 weeks of the current visa coming to an end. I usually stick to the 5 week rule .... but can't say if it is okay or not to apply earlier than that.
2. Yes, As long as your application reaches BIA between 21st-31th of the month, you have nothing to worry.
3. Not sure what you mean by "green" payslips. If I were you and in doubt like you, I would get them signed and stamped anyways.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Fri May 02, 2008 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Fri May 02, 2008 11:40 am

Thanks Sush,

I found out on BIA website following para

"This page explains when and how you should apply for Tier 1 (General) - highly skilled worker of the points-based system to work, train or study in the United Kingdom.

If you are already in the United Kingdom, you should apply to stay as soon as possible and before your current leave runs out. We encourage you to apply one month before your leave runs out."

So i guess i can apply before 2 months..
Thanks for your prompt reply

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat May 03, 2008 6:40 pm

IMHO that's meant for initial Tier 1 applications - people who are in UK on a visa other than Tier 1 / HSMP and wanting to get into the Tier 1 category.

You are apllying for an extension within Tier 1 by virtue of your HSMP current leave nearing expiry. You should focus on "We encourage you to apply one month before your leave runs out".

But as I said before, I don't have a "right or wrong" answere for this.

regards

yarons

Post by yarons » Sat May 03, 2008 9:48 pm

sushdmehta wrote:IMHO that's meant for initial Tier 1 applications - people who are in UK on a visa other than Tier 1 / HSMP and wanting to get into the Tier 1 category.

You are apllying for an extension within Tier 1 by virtue of your HSMP current leave nearing expiry. You should focus on "We encourage you to apply one month before your leave runs out".

But as I said before, I don't have a "right or wrong" answere for this.

regards
I have asked the HO this question and they said there are no restrictions and you can apply for an extension as early as you like.
My HSMP expires on Apr '09 and i'm entitled to apply for the ILR 2 months before my HSMP expires. However, I am still considering applying for an extension now just to be on the safe side.

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Sun May 04, 2008 2:37 am

Seems like HO is giving different answers to different people. :shock:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=26254

regards

rajivferroin

6 weeks prior to expirry

Post by rajivferroin » Sun May 04, 2008 5:01 pm

HI, i am also in this category, i have called home office and checked with them that can i apply 2 months before expir, they have said 6 weeks.

So even if you apply 2 months before nobdoy will work on ur case.

Hope this helps

Regards
Rajeev
ashishashah wrote:Thanks Sush,

I found out on BIA website following para

"This page explains when and how you should apply for Tier 1 (General) - highly skilled worker of the points-based system to work, train or study in the United Kingdom.

If you are already in the United Kingdom, you should apply to stay as soon as possible and before your current leave runs out. We encourage you to apply one month before your leave runs out."

So i guess i can apply before 2 months..
Thanks for your prompt reply