ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

WaheedY
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Application

Post by WaheedY » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:30 pm

Hello and thank you for reading my post. I need your help and advise to know when I came apply for British Citizenship.

I came to the UK in 1989 and applied for DL in year 2000 for long residence but this was refused in 2003. However, I applied for reconsideration in 2003 and this was approved.

I was granted DL in 2011 and applied for an extension in 2014 which was approved and valid until 2017. My ILR application was granted June 2017 and I have waited for more than a year after ILR which is usually the process.

Can I apply for Naturalisation now or do I need to wait for 10 years from the date I was issued DL in 2011?

Your reply will be very much appreciated.

imaner
Iran

Re: Naturalisation Application

Post by imaner » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:28 am

You applied for reconsideration in 2003 and this was approved but you got it in 2011 ?! :shock:

Anyway, since you were granted DL visa in 2011 you should be legally on visa for 10 years so your 10 yers started from 2011.(afaik btw)