ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stolen BRP overseas/replacemetn BRP visa - URGENT

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cmp17ked
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ecuador

Stolen BRP overseas/replacemetn BRP visa - URGENT

Post by cmp17ked » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:36 pm

HI,
I am international student from Ecuador with a tier 4 general visa to expire on january 25 2019. I was robbed overseas (Montenegro) and my BRP, credit card, ID and drivers license were. I was able to get back to my home country using my passport and a flight ticket my family bought. At the moment I am startint to apply for a replacement BRP visa but I am having some troubles specially about support documents. I already have all my previous information about the BRP, the police statement traslated into english and the original, my student status. Nevertheless, when started the application there is a whole section that ask me about money that will be spent on the trip, ticket flights, daily living and if somebody is gonna pay for me. Can you guide me about this section and also letting me know if I need to submit financial proof for this effect??
Thank you
:cry:

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Stolen BRP overseas/replacemetn BRP visa - URGENT

Post by sah10406 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:23 am

I think you may be doing the wrong application. See UKCISA's guide to applying for a single-use BRP visa just to get back to the UK:
https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... layer-6156

When you get back to the UK, you apply for a new BRP.

You can also ask the international student adviser at your university for advice.

I assume you were planning to visit your home country anyway, not that for some reason you thought you must go there to make this application!
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

cmp17ked
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ecuador

Re: Stolen BRP overseas/replacemetn BRP visa - URGENT

Post by cmp17ked » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:34 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:23 am
I think you may be doing the wrong application. See UKCISA's guide to applying for a single-use BRP visa just to get back to the UK:
https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... layer-6156

When you get back to the UK, you apply for a new BRP.

You can also ask the international student adviser at your university for advice.

I assume you were planning to visit your home country anyway, not that for some reason you thought you must go there to make this application!
I had to come back because I was badly hurt, the robbery was not jus a pick pocket thing and of course I was scared.
I am sure I am doing the right appplication as posted in other parts and my university guide> Other, Other, Replacement Biometic Permit.
But, in the application there is a section that ask about how much do you spend per month, how much money do you have for this trip, etc.