ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Few Questions On MN1

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Few Questions On MN1

Post by hassanh » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:52 am

Hi Everyone,

Me and My Mrs have recently received our ILR through Tier 2 route. I wanted to register my two UK born Kids as a British Citizen. I have booked NCS appointment as well for next month. I have few questions if you can answer please?

Question 1: The form to be used is MN1 and they are entiled to register under section 1(3)

Question 2 : The guidance says on page 27. "Checks may be carried out to ensure that the referees do not have any convictions and are qualified to act and that their signatures are genuine. It is a criminal offence to provide false information knowingly or recklessly, punishable with up to 3 months imprisonment or by a fine not exceeding £5,000 or both, under section 46(1) of the British Nationality Act 1981."

Does this mean that will this be our responsibility to find out whether the referee has criminal convinction or not in the last 10 years (which will not be practical probably) or should we just let the referee know about this clause? It will be an awkward question for say if I go to health visitor or GP and ask them if they have any convinction before they sign the referee form.

What if the referee who signed the form has crimanl convintion and we are not aware of it? Will HO reach out referee in this case or put fine on us?

Question 3: The guidance says on page 26, "The application must be endorsed by 2 referees and a recent passport size photograph. You must write the child’s name and date of birth on the back of the photograph and this should then be glued or pasted into the space provided on the application form."

Is there any point of writting the name and DOB at the back when it needs to be glued on the form?

Question 4: If I apply for MN1 online, will I need to submit two different applications for two children or I can add two children in one application?

I will highly appreciate your responses?

Regards,
Hassan

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Few Questions On MN1

Post by hassanh » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:32 am

Can anyone please respond? For Question 4, I have found the answer that both children can be added on same online application.

Can anyone please answer other three questions?

Thanks,