ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General refused due to inappropriate salary level

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dardar1
Newly Registered
Russia

Tier 2 General refused due to inappropriate salary level

Post by dardar1 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:45 pm

Hi everyone.

My Tier 2 General visa application (Switching from Tier 4) has been refused due to the fact that my salary does not meet the required threshold.

I've been offered £25.000 per annum for a 40 hour week. My visa application was for 5 years (therefore salary is subject to the experienced worker appropriate salary rate).

I can not understand from the reason for the decision if it is £27,500 or £30,000 per annum? Could you please help with this one?

In "Reason for decision" it says

- This is below the minimum required salary threshold of £30,000 per annum, as specified under Appendix A of the Immigration Rules

and

- Also, you CoS states that your prospective employment most closely corresponds to occupation code 2426 on the Codes of Practice.

- The minimum accptable rate of pay for a 39h working week for your prospective employment is £27,500.

Also, if my employer decides to increase the salary up to the required threshold, do I have to apply for a VISA again or I can apply for an administrative review?

Thank you in advance!

amit2453
Mood:
India

Re: Tier 2 General refused due to inappropriate salary level

Post by amit2453 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:41 am

Didn't HO checkd these things before CoS approval

dardar1
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by dardar1 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:57 am

Oviously not. Does the HO still have to approve CoS if it unrestricted?

Anyone, can help to get some clarity for the questions above please?

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:02 pm

dardar1 wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:45 pm
Hi everyone.

My Tier 2 General visa application (Switching from Tier 4) has been refused due to the fact that my salary does not meet the required threshold.

I've been offered £25.000 per annum for a 40 hour week. My visa application was for 5 years (therefore salary is subject to the experienced worker appropriate salary rate).

I can not understand from the reason for the decision if it is £27,500 or £30,000 per annum? Could you please help with this one?

In "Reason for decision" it says

- This is below the minimum required salary threshold of £30,000 per annum, as specified under Appendix A of the Immigration Rules

and

- Also, you CoS states that your prospective employment most closely corresponds to occupation code 2426 on the Codes of Practice.

- The minimum accptable rate of pay for a 39h working week for your prospective employment is £27,500.

Also, if my employer decides to increase the salary up to the required threshold, do I have to apply for a VISA again or I can apply for an administrative review?

Thank you in advance!
You should have gone for a 3 years CoS rather than 5 years. Salary requirement is the appropriate level for that Code, or £30,000, WHICHEVER IS HIGHER.

You need to get a new CoS and apply again. Admin Review won't work.