ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for review when British Citizenship is refused

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Flamingo333
Newly Registered
Mood:
Cyprus

Application for review when British Citizenship is refused

Post by Flamingo333 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:40 pm

Help will be appreciated: NOTE: My Application is not refused nor rejected. This is in process

I'm facing refusal of Naturalisation. I have applied for British Citizenship in July 2018 and have received a letter on 05/09/2018 stating that I "have not provided an acceptable English language qualification.” and my caseworker has requested that I send him an acceptable proof of English language qualification ( e.g B1 CEFR or higher, a Bachelor's degree or higher, a Post Graduate Degree etc. The document that I previously submitted was my Diploma Of High Education 3 years course in Nursing from a University in London, UK. The Home Office letter is dated 30/08/2018, i received it on 05/09/2018, and i have till 14/08/2018 to submit a valid English Language certificate. I have booked for the test this weekends and hoping to send the certificate to them by next week but i feel like by my caseworker did not read the policy and procedures since i discovered that on https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 0.0ext.pdf (Published in March 2018) . Page 16 it states this for DIPLOMAS that----Diplomas
Applicants holding a postgraduate diploma, or a graduate diploma from a UK
university, are considered to have the required level of English for a settlement or
citizenship application.
Postgraduate diplomas are usually abbreviated as PGDip, PG Dip, PgD, PgDip.
Examples would be:
• postgraduate diploma in legal practice
• graduate diploma in law
• postgraduate diploma in education

What shall i do? Shall i challenge this letter by sending back to them the same Diploma original copy and a letter pointing out the caseworker's mistake?( I fear they may reject it and give me a refusal). Or An exam dated after my application was submitted be still valid?

Thank you for your kindness

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Application for review when British Citizenship is refused

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:42 pm

You don't have a Postgraduate Diploma (PGDip) but a Dip HE. There is a difference.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nidaulhaque
Member of Standing

Re: Application for review when British Citizenship is refused

Post by nidaulhaque » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:25 pm

CR001 and the caseworker are correct

Dip HE and PG dip are totally different

If you don't provide them valid proof application will be refused