ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Complicated NCS+ End up posting

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nehaniran
Newly Registered
Mood:

Complicated NCS+ End up posting

Post by nehaniran » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:42 pm

Hi Friends,

I 'm living in UK since 2008. I applied for my PR in 2015 and approved in January 2016. On 25th August 2018 I applied for Naturalization online. I paid, BRP enrolled but didn't get NCS appointment until today (7th of September). That's fine, as I had to submit my documents within 10 working days, where coming Monday is last day.

I went to NCS appointment with lots of documents proving my residence for the past 10 years. NCS officer asked for last 5 years only and she said I need to send off just current passport. But on the application process and even on the check list it clearly says proof of nationality on qualifying years.

Second she asked to provide all the P60 for the past years. I don't have any P60 for 2016/2017 because I left the job before march 2017, where I will not get any P60, but only P45. I had my payslips. Awful appointment and service I have ever had in my lifetime. She was just laughing and gave me that look...... :roll: :roll:

She refused so many documents. I end up asking her whether there was anyone in the office who actually knows what they are talking about. I took my documents back, I arranged in the order and sent them off by post. I still had to pay for the service though :|

I was damn stressed and no words seriously.

Now My question is:

I'm not working since last year September and I'm on Income support. To proof my residency I sent off my tax credit letters and Income support letter for 2017/2018. Is that acceptable?

Documents I sent off:
- HMRC letter confirming my jobs from 2008 till 2011
- P60 from 2011-2014
-Job seekers letter January 2015 to May 2015
- Maternity Allowance May 2015 to February 2016
-Tax credit letter from HMRC 2015/2016
-Payslips+P45 for 2016/2017 + P60 for short employment
- Employment letter + Contract+ P45 from April 2017 to July 2017
- Tax credit letter 2017/2018
- Income Support Letter 2017/2018
- 10 years tenancy agreement
- 10 years council tax letters
-B1 certificate+Life in the UK certificate

Do you think they are fine or am I missing something here?
I just lost my hope and really disappointed with everything from saving the money till applying :(

Thank you everyone

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Complicated NCS+ End up posting

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:20 am

There is no requirement to send 10 years evidence. You have sent far too much.

Naturalisation is based on the last 5 years residence. That is all that is required. If you did not have all the P60s, you could have just included bank statements or payslips or benefit letters to prove your residency.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nehaniran
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by nehaniran » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:19 am

CR001 wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:20 am

Naturalisation is based on the last 5 years residence. That is all that is required. If you did not have all the P60s, you could have just included bank statements or payslips or benefit letters to prove your residency.
Thank you for your reply. I didn't think about my bank statements. Should I send bank statements for the past 5 years? or for just the year, where my P60 is missing?

Thank you
Regards
Neha

IcikePicike
Hungary

Post by IcikePicike » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:38 pm

nehaniran wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:19 am
CR001 wrote:

Thank you for your reply. I didn't think about my bank statements. Should I send bank statements for the past 5 years? or for just the year, where my P60 is missing?

Thank you
Regards
Neha
You are proving your residency, not your employment or your income so things like Council Tax statements, anything official from HMRC (which you have), anything from Government institutions sent to your home address for the past 5 years are good.

5 years is the qualifying period.

Bank statements are good too (need to be stamped if not printed out by your bank on their headed paper) but they don't replace official correspondence sent to your address, partly because the Home Office hates trawling through pages and pages of statements.

Employment letter from your employer confirming your full time employment and your paid & unpaid days off (salary optional) is very good too. Home Office love employers confirming your residency in the UK.

You get bonus points for writing up a cover letter, it helps you organise your mind too that you've got the whole 5 years covered.

nehaniran
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by nehaniran » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:44 pm

very detailed, thank you very much. I already sent the documents which I mentioned in my previous messages. I'm going to gather the rest of the documents, just in case and send them.

But I already included a covering letter and will send another one when i send the rest of the documents.

Thank you again

IcikePicike wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:38 pm
nehaniran wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:19 am
CR001 wrote:

Thank you
Regards
Neha
You are proving your residency, not your employment or your income so things like Council Tax statements, anything official from HMRC (which you have), anything from Government institutions sent to your home address for the past 5 years are good.

5 years is the qualifying period.

Bank statements are good too (need to be stamped if not printed out by your bank on their headed paper) but they don't replace official correspondence sent to your address, partly because the Home Office hates trawling through pages and pages of statements.

Employment letter from your employer confirming your full time employment and your paid & unpaid days off (salary optional) is very good too. Home Office love employers confirming your residency in the UK.

You get bonus points for writing up a cover letter, it helps you organise your mind too that you've got the whole 5 years covered.