ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent residence document without comprehensive sickness insurance

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

littlepineapple
Newly Registered
Mood:

Permanent residence document without comprehensive sickness insurance

Post by littlepineapple » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:37 am

22 years old and I'm applying for a permanent residence document, as part of my larger application of British Citizenship by naturalisation.

Story

First arrived in the UK in 2005, with my parents at age 9. In 2007 I moved back to Latvia. In 2010 I returned back to the UK, and have continuously lived here since.

2012 - Finished High School
2014 - Finished College
2014 - Started work, and have been employed since

Problem

I’m applying online https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/eea-pr for a permanent residence document. And it has stated:

Questions

What are the chances of my application being successful if I did not have (CSI) during my time as a student?

Will a refused application penalise me in anyway, or even stop me from applying again?

Alternatively can I apply as a family member if one of my parents has worked over 5 years continuously in the UK as stated in https://www.gov.uk/uk-residence-eu-citi ... residence?

And finally is there any indication on how long an online application might take?

secret.simon

Re: Permanent residence document without comprehensive sickness insurance

Post by secret.simon » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:06 pm

littlepineapple wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:37 am
What are the chances of my application being successful if I did not have (CSI) during my time as a student?
Close to nil. CSI or a non-UK EHIC card is a requirement for all periods of study (prior to acquiring PR).
littlepineapple wrote:
Will a refused application penalise me in anyway, or even stop me from applying again?
No.
littlepineapple wrote:
Alternatively can I apply as a family member if one of my parents has worked over 5 years continuously in the UK as stated in https://www.gov.uk/uk-residence-eu-citi ... -residence?
Yes, provided that you can prove that one of your parents resided in the UK for five continuous years and exercised treaty rights. If they worked in the UK, they will have required WRS registration for the period before May 2011.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Xter27
Lithuania

Post by Xter27 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:12 am

Just for the record, I have recently acquired PR (2009-2014) without holding the WRS certificate during 2009-2011.

In my application, I had explained the Gubeladze judgement and the HO seem to have accepted the facts.

Hope this helps.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:43 am

But the facts of your case is obviously different from the OP's, whose case is not about Working without WRS certificate.
He was a student without CSI. Very different matters.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Xter27
Lithuania

Post by Xter27 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:12 pm

Obie, I meant to correct secret.simon. WRS certificate should not be required after April, 2009.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:20 pm

Xter27 wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:12 pm
Obie, I meant to correct secret.simon. WRS certificate should not be required after April, 2009.
I follow you. Secretsimon is wrong in that respect as the lawfulness of the WRS elapsed in April 2009.'
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

bence9611
Newly Registered
Hungary

Post by bence9611 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:38 pm

Hi,

I think I have the same issue. I'm 22 and have lived in the UK since 2013. I moved here to live with my mum. She has a PR card, but not a British citizen. I applied for PR card too but didn't have insurance, so they rejected my application. Now I'm trying to apply as a direct family member, but I can't find the application form.

Do you guys know where I can find the app form?? What are my chances of getting accepted?

Thanks so much :)