ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) dependant eligible for ILR?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nasir639

FLR(M) dependant eligible for ILR?

Post by nasir639 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:04 pm

Hi,

My wife came to UK in 2011 as a TIER 1 dependant and spent 5 years on it. When I applied for my ILR through the10 year route she had to change her application to FLR M from SETO.

She received her FLR M in March 2018. Does she have to spend another 5 years now before she can apply for ILR or is there any provision for her to apply any earlier.

Thanks in anticipation.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: FLR(M) dependant eligible for ILR?

Post by physicskate » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:50 pm

nasir639 wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:04 pm
Hi,

My wife came to UK in 2011 as a TIER 1 dependant and spent 5 years on it. When I applied for my ILR through the10 year route she had to change her application to FLR M from SETO.

She received her FLR M in March 2018. Does she have to spend another 5 years now before she can apply for ILR or is there any provision for her to apply any earlier.

Thanks in anticipation.
She needs to spend five years under FLR(M) unless she reaches the requirements for 10 year ILR in her own right (absence requirement met etc.). Switching category to a family visa (as opposed to PBS) re-set her ILR clock, and you had no choice but to do so.

nasir639

Post by nasir639 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:53 pm

physicskate wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:50 pm
nasir639 wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:04 pm
Hi,

Thanks in anticipation.
She needs to spend five years under FLR(M) unless she reaches the requirements for 10 year ILR in her own right (absence requirement met etc.). Switching category to a family visa (as opposed to PBS) re-set her ILR clock, and you had no choice but to do so.
Thanks for your reply. I have the same understanding as you said but someone did mention to me a provision where she can apply earlier. I thought it might be worth asking.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:28 pm

nasir639 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:53 pm
Thanks for your reply. I have the same understanding as you said but someone did mention to me a provision where she can apply earlier. I thought it might be worth asking.
There was a transitional provision but this was removed in April 2014. See link below. She has to wait 5 years on FLR(M) or if she reaches 10 years residence first, she can apply on Set(LR).

immigration-for-family-members/dependan ... 43881.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nasir639

Post by nasir639 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:12 am

Thank you