ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Private life - long term visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ashontherun
India

Private life - long term visa

Post by ashontherun » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:24 pm

Hello moderators,

I am currently on Tier 1 Entrepreneur Ext visa which is due to expire in July 2019.

I have 2 kids, aged 14 and 10 - both have been in the UK since August 2011 and have completed over 7 years in the UK.

1. Can my kid aged 14 apply for long term visa or indefinite leave to remain on private life basis as he has spent over 7 years in UK?

2. If yes, then can we both (myself and my wife) apply as parents and get a discretionary leave visa as I don't want to go through Entrepreneur route?

3. What are the chances of success on the above basis

Please could you advise on the above.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ash

Casa

Re: Private life - long term visa

Post by Casa » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:36 pm

ashontherun wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:24 pm
Hello moderators,

I am currently on Tier 1 Entrepreneur Ext visa which is due to expire in July 2019.

I have 2 kids, aged 14 and 10 - both have been in the UK since August 2011 and have completed over 7 years in the UK.

1. Can my kid aged 14 apply for long term visa or indefinite leave to remain on private life basis as he has spent over 7 years in UK?

2. If yes, then can we both (myself and my wife) apply as parents and get a discretionary leave visa as I don't want to go through Entrepreneur route?

3. What are the chances of success on the above basis

Please could you advise on the above.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ash
How have your children spent 7 years in the UK when in your other thread you state:
"I entered on Tier 1 entrepreneur visa route in April 2014 along with my wife and two kids." :?:

indefinite-leave-to-remain/tier-1-entre ... l#p1614194
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ashontherun
India

Post by ashontherun » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:24 pm

Hi Casa,

My immigration history is as follows:

1. Student dependent visa: My wife and kids came to UK in August 2011
2. Thereafter they were my dependants on PSW visa.
3. I got T1 Ent visa in Feb 2014 and they became my dependants.
4. Extended T1 Ent visa in July 2017 which is valid up until July 2019

So from August 2011 to date - my kids are in UK for 7 continuous years and I read the Private life in UK article on www.gov.uk

That is why I wanted to explore this option since by next year my kids would have been in the UK for 8 years.

Thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:40 pm

ashontherun wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:24 pm
Hi Casa,

My immigration history is as follows:

1. Student dependent visa: My wife and kids came to UK in August 2011
2. Thereafter they were my dependants on PSW visa.
3. I got T1 Ent visa in Feb 2014 and they became my dependants.
4. Extended T1 Ent visa in July 2017 which is valid up until July 2019

So from August 2011 to date - my kids are in UK for 7 continuous years and I read the Private life in UK article on www.gov.uk

That is why I wanted to explore this option since by next year my kids would have been in the UK for 8 years.

Thanks
In which case, how does this relate to your previous thread :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ashontherun
India

Post by ashontherun » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:11 pm

Hi Casa,

This does not relate to my previous thread and hence the reason, I started a new thread.

I would really appreciate if you could guide me with regards to my children's private life in UK.

Can I explore this options and get a discretionary leave to remain as both of my kids are in UK for more than 7 years?

Thank you