ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Multi-trip Schengen insurance for non-EU/US nationals?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

alienated

Multi-trip Schengen insurance for non-EU/US nationals?

Post by alienated » Thu May 08, 2008 11:13 am

Can anyone recommend 6-12 month multi-trip insurance policies that would meet Schengen Visa requirements? There are plenty of annual policies but I have yet to find one that allows the insured to not be resident in the UK, EU or US

I don't know if referring to companies contravenes forums terms. If it does, please send me a private message. If not, best to post here for the benefit of all.

dsab85

Post by dsab85 » Thu May 08, 2008 12:04 pm

Check if you have a BUPA office in your country. They usually offer Travel Insurance that complies to Schengen requirements.

You might get a better response if you stated where you are based.

alienated

Post by alienated » Thu May 08, 2008 12:34 pm

Morocco.

It's not hard or expensive to arrange single trip cover but I'm looking for multi-trip cover for my wife. I am a British Citizen, she is a Moroccan, we are in Morocco. She will be applying for a multiple entry schengen visa. In Morocco the French consulate ask for insurance certificate covering the full term for which one is applying - that's on a list of requirements specifically for family members of European nationals (http://www.consulfrance-ma.org/IMG/pdf/visa_ue_eee.pdf) - the last one. A 90-day multiple entry visa is valid for six months - hence the dilemma.

The topic of whether she should have to provide such evidence seems to be debated - towards the end of my other post here http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 459#165459 this is discussed. Aside from official requirements, it makes sense for her to have medical coverage as I don't think she has any rights to medical care in the Schengen area. It's just that unless we know dates for all possible trips, and buy cover accordingly, or I find a multi-trip policy, I'm limited to buying an expensive full insurance for six months or risking my wife going in with an incomplete list of documents per their requirement.

alienated

Found, not on the web

Post by alienated » Fri May 09, 2008 12:47 pm

Okay - I realised I was not going to find this on the web. I got on my feet and the bank came up with an acceptably priced annual multi-trip policy - and one that covers Moroccans.