ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Born in UK Citizenship Date

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Goc2018
Newly Registered
Trinidad & Tobago

Child Born in UK Citizenship Date

Post by Goc2018 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:07 am

Hello,

I will be eligible for ILR through Tier 2 General route next year. My daughter was born in the UK and has PBS dependent visa until ~1.5 months after my ILR eligibility.

I am planning to apply with premium option so will probably obtain ILR card in 10-15 days (as far as I understand). Will then immediately apply for BC registration for my daughter.

My worry is; considering BC registration will take a long time (weeks if not months) my daughter's PBS dependent visa will expire in the meantime. Is this likely to be an issue from HO and/or NHS perspective? As you may know Tier 2 dependents born in the UK are entitled to free health care only in first three months and I am worried that this "expired visa and waiting for BC registration" status will be an issue for NHS.

Thanks.