ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General VISA: English language requirement

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

din35
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 General VISA: English language requirement

Post by din35 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:00 pm

Hi,

I am applying for Tier 2 General visa in coming weeks. Please help me as soon as possible.

I need to ask about documentation I will need to provide to prove my knowledge of the English language. I have gone through the following link and related pages.
https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/docum ... st-provide

As I understood from the Tier 2 policy guidance that, I will be awarded 10 points for English Language because I have met the English language requirements when given a previous grant of leave (during 2015-2017). Can you please confirm that I don't need any NARIC certificate or English language test.

For your reference following is the link for Tier 2 policy guidance. Please check the related points as given in PART 6.
(https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... evised.pdf)

140. If you are applying for entry clearance or further leave to remain under the Tier 2 (General) category, you must have a level of English equivalent to level B1 or above of the Council of Europe’s Common European Framework for Language Learning. The only exceptions to this requirement is if:
• you are applying for leave to remain and you currently have, or you were last given, permission to stay in Tier 2 (General) under the rules in place before 6 April 2011 and you have not been granted leave to remain in any other routes, or entry clearance or leave to enter in any route, since the grant of leave; you must have a level of English equivalent to level A1 or above of the Council of Europe’s Common European Framework for Language Learning, or

Points awarded for English language
144. You will be awarded 10 points if you are applying for leave to remain under Tier 2 (General), Tier 2 (Sportsperson) or Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) and you meet the
requirements of one of the categories listed below:
• you have met the English language requirements when given a previous grant of
leave; or
• you qualify under the transitional arrangements.

Previous grants of leave
158. You will be awarded 10 points for English language where you have met the English language requirement in a previous grant of leave. This will be the case if you have ever been granted leave:
under the Tier 2 (General) category under the rules in place on or after 6 April 2011, having provided evidence of having a knowledge of English equivalent to level B1 of the Council of Europe’s Common European Framework for Language Learning or above; or

Transitional arrangements
159. You will be awarded 10 points for English language where you have previously been granted leave under Tier 2 (General) or Tier 2 (Sportsperson) before 6 April 2011 and you have ever been granted leave:
• under Minister of Religion (this is not to be confused with Tier 2 ((Minister of Religion)) under the Rules in place on or after 23 August 2004; or
• under any Tier 2 category where you provided evidence of meeting the English language requirement.

Thanks.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Tier 2 General VISA: English language requirement

Post by cyclina1 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:59 pm

I will be awarded 10 points for English Language because I have met the English language requirements when given a previous grant of leave (during 2015-2017). Can you please confirm that I don't need any NARIC certificate or English language test.

what's your previous leave and what's the test you sat?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

din35
Newly Registered
India

Post by din35 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:09 am

Hi cyclina1,

My previous leave was Tier 2 General (2015-2017).
In 2015, there was a point calculator and I was awarded 10 point by filling the details of different degrees(BTech, Mtech, PhD (IIT)) in the calculator. Basically I opted the option of degree taught in English.

din35
Newly Registered
India

Post by din35 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:18 pm

Can anyone please help me on my issue? I have to apply within couple of weeks.

I really appreciate your views and support.

Thanks.

amit2453
Mood:
India

Post by amit2453 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:22 pm

You will need naric certificate this time.

din35
Newly Registered
India

Post by din35 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:04 pm

Thanks amit2453. Would you please tell me why would I need NARIC certificate when I have already had Tier 2 General leave previously.

din35
Newly Registered
India

Post by din35 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:47 am

Can anyone help me in this matter please.

acgd
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by acgd » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:15 pm

Dear din35, I am exactly in the same situation. In my previous application, I collected the points based on degrees taught in English. It was not required to get it approved by NARIC at the time. I wonder whether you could find out whether or not NARIC certificate is required. I would greatly appreciate if you could reply.

aragorn
Newly Registered
India

Post by aragorn » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:46 pm

Dear din35,

You would need a NARIC Certificate this time. As the guidelines say,

"You will be awarded 10 points for English language where you have met the English language requirement in a previous grant of leave. This will be the case if you have ever been granted leave:
under the Tier 2 (General) category under the rules in place on or after 6 April 2011, having provided evidence of having a knowledge of English equivalent to level B1 of the Council of Europe’s Common European Framework for Language Learning or above; or"

In your previous leave, I believe you didn't provide any evidence(such as NARIC Certificate) , as the calculation was done using point calculator. So this time I believe you have to submit the NARIC Certificate.

Hope it helps. All the best for your visa appointment.