ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Approval received a week ago (second extension); no BRP card received

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sm12
Diamond Member

Approval received a week ago (second extension); no BRP card received

Post by sm12 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:10 am

My brother received a letter a week ago indicating that his second extension has been approved. It was approved pretty quickly.

However, his BRP has still not been issued. According to DX courier, they have nothing for him.

The letter says that he should wait for 7/10 working days, but looking at the timelines, it seems that most applicants received their BRPs within a day or so of their approval letters.

He did call the HO helpline but they said that they cannot comment on individual cases and can only offer general advice.

Would it be advisable to write to the case worker at the Sheffield PO Box?

I've seen some other posts of people who reported the issue of not receiving their cards online, but just received a generic reply saying the caseworker will contact them, which didn't happen, etc.

I'm not sure what the best course of action would be in this case for him.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Approval received a week ago (second extension); no BRP card received

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:59 am

Why not simply wait the 7 to 10 working days before firing off correpondence in a panic.

The brp cards are not produced at the Sheffield or other HO office.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:57 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:59 am
Why not simply wait the 7 to 10 working days before firing off correpondence in a panic.

The brp cards are not produced at the Sheffield or other HO office.
It's been a week but DX courier have nothing for him still.

I know the cards aren't produced in Sheffield, I think it's in Bristol, but I think it's the caseworker who issues the request so we wondered if we should write to the caseworker when 10 days are over?

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:40 am

Just an update- my brother's BRP finally arrived after 12 days.
Not sure what caused the delay but the issue date is the same as the approval letter, so it's fine.