ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received FPN after submitting naturalisation application -do i need to inform HO

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vaibhavg18mau

Received FPN after submitting naturalisation application -do i need to inform HO

Post by vaibhavg18mau » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:26 pm

Hi

Applied for naturalisation on 21-Aug-2018 via NDRS+JCAP, passport fees and naturlisation processing fees have been deducted. Biometric has been done as well.

I received FPN from council (for littering) on 18-Sep-2018. Do I need to inform HO about this or no need to inform them as its only one in 12 month period?

I had one FPN for speeding in Feb-2016 which I have already declared in my application. The fine was paid on time as well.

Please advise experienced members.

IcikePicike
Hungary

Re: Received FPN after submitting naturalisation application -do i need to inform HO

Post by IcikePicike » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:27 pm

Naturalisation application works based on the qualifying period, ie you have to disclose everything that happened within the 5 years prior to your application. And certain things (such as employment) 10 years prior.
That says to me that, no, you don't need to tell them anything that happened since the application date - but happy to be corrected.

equitydealer
Member of Standing

Re: Received FPN after submitting naturalisation application -do i need to inform HO

Post by equitydealer » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:48 pm

I believe that any FPN or criminal offence which happens after submission of an application needs to be declared, so an FPN happening after application would need to be declared to the Home Office by letter. It wouldn't in itself result in a rejection.

Also on criminal offences there is no 'qualifying time limit', anything that has happened in the UK or abroad needs to be declared even if it was 5, 10 or 20 years ago.
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

IcikePicike
Hungary

Post by IcikePicike » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:56 pm

equitydealer wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:48 pm
I believe that any FPN or criminal offence which happens after submission of an application needs to be declared, so an FPN happening after application would need to be declared to the Home Office by letter. It wouldn't in itself result in a rejection.

Also on criminal offences there is no 'qualifying time limit', anything that has happened in the UK or abroad needs to be declared even if it was 5, 10 or 20 years ago.
Thanks equitydealer, yes of course it makes sense that criminal convictions would need to be declared but FPNs?

Are they really that serious??

equitydealer
Member of Standing

Post by equitydealer » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:53 pm

FPNs are normally handed out for offences which are criminal in nature. Littering is a criminal offence, albeit a minor one.

Sounds harsh but that’s the law.
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

IcikePicike
Hungary

Post by IcikePicike » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:21 pm

equitydealer wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:53 pm
FPNs are normally handed out for offences which are criminal in nature. Littering is a criminal offence, albeit a minor one.

Sounds harsh but that’s the law.
Ah!! Makes perfect sense, thank you. I didn't realise they indicated a criminal offence (never had one) and certainly didn't occur to me that littering was classified as such. Very interesting.

vaibhavg18mau

Post by vaibhavg18mau » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:18 pm

Thanks all for your response:

Can I check if any of these applies to my application?

This is from Guide AN:

3.1 - 3.2 You must give details of all criminal convictions both within and outside the
United Kingdom. These include road traffic offences.
Fixed penalty notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) must be disclosed,
although will not normally be taken into account unless:
• you have failed to pay and there were criminal proceedings as a result
• you received 3 or more fixed penalty notices at any level
• in the past 3 years you received 2 or more fixed penalty notices, at least one of
which, was at the upper levels (fine of £200 or more)

The first 2 point doesn't apply but the last one? I had one FPN in Feb 2016 (100 pound fine paid on time) and the one received on 18-Sep-2018 (50 pound fine). It looks like I received 2 FPNs in total (technically only one considering date of my application 21Aug2018). None of the FPNs were of amount 200 pounds - do you think there will be an issue when I declare the current FPN? I believe last point doesnt apply to me?

vaibhavg18mau

Post by vaibhavg18mau » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:59 am

anyone? kindly respond..senior members

equitydealer
Member of Standing

Post by equitydealer » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:29 pm

Should be fine

vaibhavg18mau

Post by vaibhavg18mau » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:35 pm

Thanks Equitydealer appreciate your time in responding my question.

vaibhavg18mau

Post by vaibhavg18mau » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:47 pm

Can anyone suggest a wording or template to inform HO about FPN?