ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship & passport of UK Born kids

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

irana2015

Citizenship & passport of UK Born kids

Post by irana2015 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:37 pm

Respected member and moderators,

I have just received ILR and want to apply for Citizenship & passport for my daughter and son both born in uk.

I am aware i need to fill MN1 form for both. Can you please advise which service I should be using from the following:

NCS (paper application thru couincil) or NDRS ) apply online and send thru council)
http://www.reading.gov.uk/nationality

Only confusion is which one is best and faster?

Kind regards
IR

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship & passport of UK Born kids

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:42 pm

There is no 'quicker' option. They can both take many months or a few weeks

NDRS you submit and pay online, so no risk of the bank rejecting HOs attempt to take payment with the paper form.

NDRS you can also apply for the passports at the same time using the paper passport form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

irana2015

Post by irana2015 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:48 pm

Much appreciated Cr001.

irana2015

Post by irana2015 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:43 pm

Respected Moderators,

Sorry few more confusions now.

I am going to apply NDRS for my daughter and son next week. When I am filling Mn1 form online for my daughter it says that i can add another applicant (added another applicant and selected relationship as brother) and added my son and started filling his at the same time.

Is this the right way filling both in one application as not sure at the end it will print 2 different forms or Shall i fill one by one?

Another question is shall i fill referee details online and take the separate print out from the paper Mn1 form to get them signed by the referee or will i get their signature at the end of online application submission etc...?

Kind regards
IR

irana2015

Post by irana2015 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:40 pm

** Amended **

Respected Moderators,

Sorry few more confusions now.

I am going to apply NDRS for my daughter and son next week. When I am filling Mn1 form online for my daughter it says that i can add another applicant (added another applicant and selected relationship as brother) and added my son and started filling his at the same time.

Is this the right way filling both in one application as not sure at the end it will print 2 different forms or Shall i fill one by one?

Another question is shall i fill referee details online and take the separate print out from the paper Mn1 form to get them signed by the referee or will i get their signature at the end of online application submission etc...?

Also, Is that ok if each referee sign both of my kids form one by one?
Kind regards
IR

irana2015

Post by irana2015 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:43 pm

Hi Cr001 or moderators,

Can you please advise (please see my last update)?

Kind regards
IR
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (66.42 KiB) Viewed 541 times

irana2015

Post by irana2015 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:28 pm

Dear moderators and members,

Can you please advise if I Answer 'yes' or 'No' , please see attached screenshot. We are non EEA national.

Another question is , Both kids born in uk when I am filling online MN1 form for daughter and nationality selected Indian its asked for her non British passport details and national ID card details and BRP details etc which is fine and i filled everything. But when i fill form for my 8 months son , selected nationality Indian it did not ask for his non british passport details. We have not made his passport but made national ID card. Also we did not apply for his visa.

SO it is ok we did not provide his national id card details because it did not ask (not worry for non British passport and visa as we never applied) but in my daughter form it did ask so not sure why - I am confused?

Thanks
IR
Attachments
parents.PNG
parents.PNG (12.28 KiB) Viewed 521 times

irana2015

Post by irana2015 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:02 am

Hi,

Can some one please reply to my last post if possible?

Kind regards - IR

irana2015

Post by irana2015 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:17 pm

Respected members
I have done NDRS+jcp for my kids via online mn1 online submission and checklist did not ask for parents passport.

Council said if checklist did not ask then there is no need to attach with kids application but i provided ILR brps as it was the part of check list?

Is this fine as I am confused check list should have asked for parents passport or are they ok to accept brps only?

Thanks IR

irana2015

Post by irana2015 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:28 pm

Hi ,

Can some one please advise Re: my last post yesterday?

Kind regards - IR

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:30 pm

If HO want to see your passport they will ask for it.

Usually it needs to be submitted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.