ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Timeline for re-application with priority service

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alex092
Newly Registered
Italy

Timeline for re-application with priority service

Post by alex092 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:00 pm

Hi there,

I'm Italian and my wife is Colombian. I've lived in the UK for 6 years and have permanent residency too.

Recently we got married, we've applied for the family permit and it got refused saying documents weren't translated. The only non translated thing were whatsapp chat. We both speak Italian so obviously our conversations are going to be in italian.

Anyways, 2 weeks ago we've re-applied with everything translated and we've paid for priority service. Priority service stated that an answer would have been given within 5 working days. It's been 10 days and we haven't received an answer yet.

Does anyone know an approximate timeline for reapplications with priority service?

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Timeline for re-application with priority service

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:12 pm

I wasn't aware that there was a priority service for EEA family permits.

You should also note that priority service is not usually available if you have had a refusal in the past in the past.

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/co/en/premi ... ority-visa
How long does it take to get a visa?
UK Visas and Immigration aims to make a decision on your Priority Visa application, and contact you to let you know that your passport is ready to be collected within 5 working days from when you submit your biometric information.

However, every application is unique, and if your application is not straightforward, it may not be possible to meet this timescale. If this is the case, your application will still be put at the front of the queue at every stage of the decision-making process, and UK Visas and Immigration will aim to process your application within global customer service standards. Your application may not be straightforward if you have:

been refused a visa for the UK, and/or;
been refused leave to enter the UK, and/or;
been deported, removed, or otherwise required to leave the UK, and/or;
overstayed a period of leave in the UK, and/or;
had leave to remain in the UK curtailed by the Home Office, and/or;
been refused leave to remain in the UK by the Home Office, and/or;
been refused a visa for Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United States of America, or the Schengen countries, and/or;
you have been interviewed, detained, or prosecuted by the police for any offence in the UK or elsewhere, and/or;
you have an unspent criminal conviction in any country, and/or;
you have committed a criminal offence in any country
If you fall into one of these categories, you may not want to use the Priority Visa service, as UK Visas & Immigration may be unable to process your application within the 5-day timescale.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.