ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to prove to University I have ILR without BRP

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

qwerty13
Newly Registered

How to prove to University I have ILR without BRP

Post by qwerty13 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:37 pm

Any advice on how to prove I have ILR to my university without a BRP? My BRP was lost by the courier so I will have to apply for a new one which could take months to arrive. I have the letter that came with my returned documents but it doesn't actually say "indefinite leave to remain" or any specific information like that, it just says that the BRP will arrive in the post and that the BRP will list that information.

Any advice much appreciated!

srsw

Re: How to prove to University I have ILR without BRP

Post by srsw » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:10 pm

Couldn't your uni contact ukvi to confirm? You may have to be there when they contact so your consent is taken before they can confirm to your uni. Just a thought.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

sonata

Post by sonata » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:03 pm

qwerty13 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:37 pm
Any advice on how to prove I have ILR to my university without a BRP? My BRP was lost by the courier so I will have to apply for a new one which could take months to arrive. I have the letter that came with my returned documents but it doesn't actually say "indefinite leave to remain" or any specific information like that, it just says that the BRP will arrive in the post and that the BRP will list that information.

Any advice much appreciated!
How many pages was your letter, I am sure the third page of the letter looks generic but says some where 'your ILR has been approved?? '....

In any case....they must see your BRP. You could show them the letter whilst you wait... but they will still need to see and scan your new BRP before they can request that your sponsorship certificate be withdrawn on the SMS, even though i believe the first indication they get that your ILR has been approved is that your digital certificate is no longer valid because i presume UKVI have pulled it (marked it or done something else to it) after your approval.

If after a while no BRP is seen and you have no valid sponsorship with them, i think they are required to report it as a change in circumstances within (10 working days of 'becoming aware' of it) to UKVI, or revalidate your right to work with UKVI. if they still can't show that you have ILR/or other right to work/study, they can take drastic measures such as terminating your employment/study to avoid fines or losing their license. But i doubt it will get to that.

If you haven't received it yet, wait. When you reapply for a new BRP send the evidence that you have done so to your HR or university's immigration team. If it has really been granted and there is just an unusual delay delivering it to you, email the BRP email on the approval letter and keep on waiting., Even though HR reports stuff on SMS, they can also state they continue to endorse your sponsorship but they need to tell UKVI why. If they know that yours was lost on delivery, you have applied for a new one and you are just waiting that's one reason they can add to the report. But help them by sharing all the evidence with them.

qwerty13
Newly Registered

Post by qwerty13 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:22 am

yes thanks sonata I see now that it does say on the 3rd page "your application for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK has been approved". I overlooked that as it seemed like just pages of advice/faq type stuff. That helps clarify it at least. Although it doesn't help that above that it says "these notes are for information purposes only and do not convey the grant of ILR".

The courier claims the BRP was delivered and signed for but I never received it. They will not release any info about who apparently signed, only the HO can. And there's no way to call anyone at HO about it, I was advised to write via post to the address the letter came from and explain. But I have a feeling they'll just tell me to report it lost anyways and apply for a new one.

thanks for the advice.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:55 am

qwerty13 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:22 am
yes thanks sonata I see now that it does say on the 3rd page "your application for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK has been approved". I overlooked that as it seemed like just pages of advice/faq type stuff. That helps clarify it at least. Although it doesn't help that above that it says "these notes are for information purposes only and do not convey the grant of ILR".

The courier claims the BRP was delivered and signed for but I never received it. They will not release any info about who apparently signed, only the HO can. And there's no way to call anyone at HO about it, I was advised to write via post to the address the letter came from and explain. But I have a feeling they'll just tell me to report it lost anyways and apply for a new one.

thanks for the advice.
Did the BRP team email you when you reported it online?

qwerty13
Newly Registered

Post by qwerty13 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:59 pm

After filling in the online form for BRP not received, they emailed me that the courier said it had been delivered to the following address (my address) on XXXX date (that's what it said, it didn't actually give me a date) and if the above information didn't help me locate it, I should declare the BRP lost or stolen and apply for a new one.

I replied to this email and got an automatic reply saying if this was a reply to an email from a named person (it was) that I could expect a reply. I haven't gotten one yet though.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:04 pm

Do you live in a houseshare/HMO or your own property exclusively??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

qwerty13
Newly Registered

Post by qwerty13 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:08 pm

I live with my partner in our own flat