ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Letter Arrived - But not my wifes!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hmpmarketing
Newly Registered

Citizenship Letter Arrived - But not my wifes!

Post by hmpmarketing » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:34 am

Hi everyone,

I have just got the citizenship invitation letter through the post (Uhuuu).

Me and wife did a joint application, shes an EU citizen, I am non-EU. The letter only addresses me, so Im not sure whats the procedure here, does that mean she is also approved, will she get a separate letter as well? I thought that the letter would address me and her (she was actually the primary applicant when we filled it online). Should I expect another letter addressing her soon?

Should I call the local authority to book the ceremony and assume shes already approved as well? I have 21 days according to the letter, and the letter date is 17th of September, so 9 days already done.

Thanks again everyone!

MYA

Re: Citizenship Letter Arrived - But not my wifes!

Post by MYA » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:39 am

Citizenship can not be applied jointly, each individual has to apply on their own, and fulfil their own citizenship crieteria .

How you both applied (Jointly)????????

MYA

Post by MYA » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:41 am

What date you applied?

hmpmarketing
Newly Registered

Post by hmpmarketing » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:45 am

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

I applied through the id service on the 7th of August, so less than 2 months to approve.

So I should expect another letter addressing her?

Regards

hmpmarketing
Newly Registered

Post by hmpmarketing » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:46 am

And yes, we applied jointly, same application online I mean!

MYA

Post by MYA » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:17 am

As for as I understand from your word same online!!!!!

You filled your form and paid the fee of £1033
Then again your wife filled the form and paid £1033.

Then your wife received acknowledgment on her own email account and you received yours on your own email account !!!!!

Every application is dealt by its own merit and it has nothing to do with your approval.
Your wife has to wait for decision on her application and has to book ceremony on her own if her application will approve.

hmpmarketing
Newly Registered

Post by hmpmarketing » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:25 am

Hi MYA, thanks for your input,

When I did it online, I did under her name, and there is an option to "Add applicant", together on the same online application. So we added all details from both applicants on the same online application.

All the paperwork was done through the ID service, we did not do "2 applications", but one, and yes, I did pay 2 fees, but my point is, the actually application was done adding myself as the other applicant.

Im just trying to figure out that, if I was approved (being the second on the application) and non-eu, puzzling to have received the letter while her has not arrived, her being the EU citizen! All evidence provided for me and her have the same basis, so if Im approved, she must have been too.

I assume that they must have sent 2 letters and one must have got "delayed" perhaps. Thanks for the feedback!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:27 am

hmpmarketing wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:25 am
Im just trying to figure out that, if I was approved (being the second on the application) and non-eu, puzzling to have received the letter while her has not arrived, her being the EU citizen! All evidence provided for me and her have the same basis, so if Im approved, she must have been too.
Each applicant, regardless of the combine online application you made, has to meet the requirements individually and each application is processed on its own. Nationality of the applicants makes no difference.

You could be approved but that does not mean she will be approved too, if there is an issue with her not meeting the requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hmpmarketing
Newly Registered

Post by hmpmarketing » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:32 am

Hi CR001, thanks for your reply, that clarifies it all. If she is approved, I should assume that she will get a separate letter then?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:36 am

hmpmarketing wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:32 am
Hi CR001, thanks for your reply, that clarifies it all. If she is approved, I should assume that she will get a separate letter then?
Correct yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hmpmarketing
Newly Registered

Post by hmpmarketing » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:41 am

Thank you!