ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR-FP Child

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tabaci11
Newly Registered

FLR-FP Child

Post by Tabaci11 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:56 pm

Hello,

I would like to make an application for my daughter to stay with me in UK. I have been granted 2.5 years Further leave remain under Article 8/private life. My wife also been granted the same visa under Article8. Me and my wife both have indian nationalities and my daughter also have Indian passport.

My daughter was born in UK and she is now 2.5 years old. This will be her first visa application at Home office. Can I apply under FLR-FP category using Premium Service?

Do you think it will be the straight forward case for same day premium service?

Any help much appreciated.

Many thanks,.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: FLR-FP Child

Post by seagul » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:02 pm

I guess there won't be any premium service for this type of application.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Tabaci11
Newly Registered

Post by Tabaci11 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:09 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:02 pm
I guess there won't be any premium service for this type of application.
Many thanks @seagul.

Then I should make application visa post. Do you know how long it can take? Do you feel its going to be straight forward?

Thanks again.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:34 pm

These type of applications can be applied in premium centre too.

If it's an Article 8 case then it will not be an straightforward application at all.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:57 pm

I see no reason why you cannot extend your stay under Article 8. In fact, my brother in law did last year in an out of hours appointment and extended fine meeting all the rules.

You have a valid visa, BRP and your condition is the same, e.g you have your child, you have established private life and since 2.5 years you would have established even more.

At a cost of £600 additional, if you can afford it, it's far better to get a same day decision than wait 3-7 months.

There will be case workers who will be available to look at your route in FLR FP in particular. As long as you meet the same rules as what you were granted, then you should do it - the worst case scenario is that you will be put forward in further enquirers and treated as a normal paper application. You will not face rejection! (God Willing!!)

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

Kwipeh
Nigeria

Post by Kwipeh » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:48 pm

bathanza wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:57 pm
I see no reason why you cannot extend your stay under Article 8. In fact, my brother in law did last year in an out of hours appointment and extended fine meeting all the rules.

You have a valid visa, BRP and your condition is the same, e.g you have your child, you have established private life and since 2.5 years you would have established even more.

At a cost of £600 additional, if you can afford it, it's far better to get a same day decision than wait 3-7 months.

There will be case workers who will be available to look at your route in FLR FP in particular. As long as you meet the same rules as what you were granted, then you should do it - the worst case scenario is that you will be put forward in further enquirers and treated as a normal paper application. You will not face rejection! (God Willing!!)
I think he is speaking of his daughter actually. He and his wife were already granted Further Leave to Remain under Article 8.