ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Objecting a Sponsorship

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kps
Newly Registered

Objecting a Sponsorship

Post by kps » Sat May 10, 2008 7:31 pm

Hi my question is regarding objecting somone sponsoring somebody to come over to the UK from India. My sister in law, a Indian National, was married to a UK citizen which ended in divorce in a year, the case involved domestic violence and ended with him taking an Undertaking not to harress her again. I have found out that this guy has gone over to India again and married another girl from over there and will have to sponsor her to come over again (is this correct). I would like to make an objection from several points -
1. He had a case registered against him for Domestic Violence and could do this again.
2. He was fighting the case on Legal Aid (divorce case) even though he lives with his parents in a 6 bedroom mansion and was registered to have £35k income the previous year. So how can he support her if he is on Legal Aid ( lack of Funds)
3. ON the original application he lied as he said he did not have any children even though he had and was supporitng them financially.
4. His case is still going on as he has to disclose his income to the courts for any potential financial awards.

Is there any way i can object to the application based on the above facts?

Thanks for anyone who can help..

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun May 11, 2008 9:40 am

YOU R NOT party to dispute

nor u can stop life to go on

only u cna make aware to authorities and it depends on his presentaton

mishragreat

Post by mishragreat » Wed May 14, 2008 2:46 pm

Not sure but I think there are some tough laws in India against such people. You can inform Indian Police and court if he married previously to someone and not divorced properly(He was married in India but not divorced in India). They can stop marriage, arrest him do a complete check. But wait till he reaches India. You might want to give him taste of his own medicine i.e immigration laws

martha

Post by martha » Wed May 14, 2008 9:44 pm

You can only inform the authorities about what has happened.
As your sister-in-law is now divorced, he is allowed to apply for a spouse visa for his new wife. You cant stop that. But depending on what info the Indian authorities have on him, would perhaps help the Embassy decide whether to grant the new wife the visa or not :wink: :wink: