ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registration as BC for Kids Born Overseas - Supporting Docs

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Cadburys
Newly Registered
South Africa

Registration as BC for Kids Born Overseas - Supporting Docs

Post by Cadburys » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:13 pm

Hi

I need some help with the documents required when use the section 3(2) path for my 3 kids born in South Africa.

I have British Citizenship by Decent but have lived in the UK for 3 years prior to the birth of my children. Both of my parents (kids Grandparents were born and brought up in UK and are British Citizens in their own right.

Documents I am required to submit
1. My Zimbabwean birth certificate - I have a photocopy
2. My parents UK birth certificates - I have a photocopy
3. My parents UK marriage certificate - I have a photocopy

Are photocopies sufficient? Do they need to be certified by a commissioner of oaths?
If copies are not allowed do I have to apply for copies from the relevant birth/record county in the UK for the UK docs?

Has anyone managed to get a copy from the Zimbabwean government of their birth certificate? If yes how?

Any help here would be very gratefully received.

Thank you
Cadburys

vinny

Re: Registration as BC for Kids Born Overseas - Supporting Docs

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:32 am

Zimbabwean duplicate full birth certificates.
Order certified copies of your parents’ birth and marriage certificates.

Also include evidence of your three years’ residence in the UK prior to children’s birth.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.