ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship from ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dhruv26186

Citizenship from ILR

Post by dhruv26186 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:47 pm

Hi,

I have just acquired ILR as i have completed 5 years on my tier 2 ICT dependent VISA.

Now being spouse of British Citizen, i am now eligible for Naturilisation and want to go for it along with the passport application in one GO.

I could get this information from my local council website.

https://www.swindon.gov.uk/info/20016/b ... checking/2

Can you please confirm on below?

- Applying for Naturalization + Passport together means > i need to submit Online Application for Naturilisation and Submit print copy of it + passport application paper form . Right?
OR do i need to fill in paper form for Naturalization? instead online form.

- With regards to Refree, Online form has sections to fill in 2 refree details. So do i also need to submit Refree details from Form AN ?
OR Online filled information is sufficient? reason for asking because online form doesnt have any section where Refree can sign but form AN has sign for Refree.
Also when you finish filling up the form and take print of it, last page lists the documents you shall submit and there it mentioned document called "Two Refereee declaration for XXX" so i am confused if i need to submit refree details pages separately though i filled form Online.

Please help!!!

Regards,

Regards,

MYA

Re: Citizenship from ILR

Post by MYA » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:20 pm

For NDRS Appointment, you don’t need to take the printed application form to appointment as your form is already submitted online.

Secondly you can take the print out for your application form any time by login in to your home office account if you need it for your own record. Just take the print out of your application form just to show the council that your NDRS appointment is with in the 10 days of Application date. Common sense.

Thirdly. When you submit online form then after payment they email you the referee page print it twice and get them signed from both referees seperately. You will also get pdf of biometric enrolment letter you also print out and take it to participating post office to enroll your biometric information straight away without waiting for NDRS appointment.

Fourthly you also need to printout supporting document checklist tick the boxes and take it with you to NDRS Appointment.

At NDRS

Staff will take photocopies of your listed supporting documents but will take original life in U.K. test pass certificate, supporting document checklist page and original 2 printed Signed by individual referees with your photograph ( name and don on the back ) and glued .

You also required 2 photographs for passport application ( named and dob at the back)

You need 4 similar photographs altogether but keeping extra will be ok if they damaged just in case.

Hope you ok now with my explanation

dhruv26186

Post by dhruv26186 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:23 am

Thanks for the detailed explanation. This clears the doubt.

Regards,

dhruv26186

Post by dhruv26186 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:55 pm

By the way, With regards to Two refrees for Naturilisation i am looking to go for below. Would it be okay?

First Refree being my Nursery Deputy Manager [ Holding British Passport] who knows me since last 4 years as i am working there

and Second Refree being my Neighbour [ Holding British Passport ]who is working in Building Services company as Associate consultant. knowing me from last 4 years

Also As passport form i am submitting along with this so i aim to get my first Refree being Refree on my passport application . will that be okay?

Regards,

MYA

Post by MYA » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:22 pm

Your both referee are perfectly fine

You don’t need to fill the refree detail on your passport form as passport office will use the same details of refree from your naturalisation application form from home office as it’s JCAP application.

Leave the refree details page on passport form blank.
Take extra passport form on your NDRS appointment

dhruv26186

Post by dhruv26186 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:18 pm

thank you once again for swift response