ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR status date to apply for British citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lucky16k
Newly Registered
Malta

PR status date to apply for British citizenship

Post by lucky16k » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:07 am

Hi,

So I'm originally from Malta, a European country and been living in the UK since August 2008. After 10 years I've made my mind up to apply for British citizenship and get a dual passport.

So kind of started the British citizenship by naturalisation back in August but realised I realised I had to get the permanent residence status date confirmed first before I go ahead which I just did and received the PR status on Friday (1 month after the application). Here is the link of my PR status:
https://tinylink.net/2KWLh

So I read the letter that I've received and I'm a bit confused but I'm sure it's me overthinking. The date stated on the PR is 11th August 2013 and I do not need to have to wait for another 12 months before I submit the British Citizenship application right? Those 12 months equate to 11th August 2014 so I should be fine!

I'm asking this because I do not want to get my application refused which would cost about £1,300 and lose all that money for something silly which I did not check.

Look forward to your replies and your help is much appreciated.

vinny

Re: PR status date to apply for British citizenship

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:20 am

That should be fine. Don't forget that you also have to show that you satisfy the residence requirements, etc., for naturalization.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.