ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage of Convenience refusal. Help!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Evia89
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Marriage of Convenience refusal. Help!

Post by Evia89 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:41 pm

Hello everyone I’m the silent reader from last few years. Please read my story.

I am an EEA national and my husband is a non EEA.
He overstayed since 2013, and we are in relationship and living together since 2014.
We applied for a residence card in 2016 under unmarried partner rules as we have been in relationship for 2 years then. The first application got refused. We applied second time, with more documents and while our application was pending we booked the notice of marriage in our local register office. Before we got the chance to give our notice of marriage, 2 days before our appointment my husband got detained for over one month and he has been given the notice of removal. Obviously, the second application got refused. They released him on bail, and I was the surety. After few months we applied third time with proper documents, this time we were sure we should get it. We booked our appointment to give the notice of marriage again, and this time it was successful. We were called for an interview to Eaton House (our application is still pending). After 6 hours interview, we got the Certificate Of Compliance saying “Your proposed marriage or civil partnership has been investigated by Secretary of State (...) Secretary of State has decided that you and your fiancée have complied with the investigation” and they let us go home. Two days later my husband went for his monthly reporting to Eaton House, they handed him the Refusal letter of our application and detained him again! They said in refusal letter “the interview that took place at Eaton House has highlighted a number of inconsistencies in your and your spouses answers”.
When I called our solicitor he couldn’t believe it!
We applied for bail with very long cover letter, we got the date of bail hearing and few hour later the Immigration officer called my husband to the office and released him!
Few weeks later we got the call from Register Office that they’ve received the Letter of Compliance from Home Office and we can now book the date for our marriage.
We got married one month later and we send the fresh application with our marriage certificate, all supporting documents, tenancy agreements from last 4 years, bank statements with joined names, over 300 pictures, everything! Our file was over 2kg. They’ve never sent us the CoA, and refused our application 2 months later saying our marriage is one of convenience, and again, that our interview has highlighted number of inconsistencies. We appealed against that, and the hearing is in 6 months from now.
I have no idea how it’s going to end, I’m completely confused, how can they allow us to marry, giving us the certificate of compliance and saying our marriage is one of convenience and our answers didn’t match!
Sorry for the long story, but I hope someone has been in similar situation and has some advice. Thanks

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Re: Marriage of Convenience refusal. Help!

Post by Wise » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:38 pm

Listen and listen good. What they are trying to do is to test your level of relationship with him and also FINANCIALLY and above all EMOTIONALLY. Because as a woman how many out there will like to go through this just for the sake of being with someone, except if you both have strong feeling for each other or there was a child between both and that is what you need to demonstrate to them.

However, if your man has a poor immigration history with them in the past, home office will make his life difficult (God forbid) just as they are doing now but in the end they will issue the RC to him if you stay with him strongly. Again if you have a good lawyer your case can be win in the end but if your lawyer doesn't understand EU LAW properly then you will be screwed.

My advice is to stay firm with him and show what is in my first paragraph. Also if both of you has engaged in the issue of visiting your family doctor JP for pregnancy test/conceive and both names was in the paperwork during the test, that alone will justify genuine relationship.

Good luck.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.

Punguru82

Post by Punguru82 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:43 pm

Stay strong - I know someone with similar case and worse than yours was deported, however the woman(EEA national) had to go back to his home country and process the papers for her partner non EEA to travel to her EU country - He then joined her and got married in EU country and travelled together to UK by applying family permit at the Airport. later applied residence card and got granted and they all back here in the UK. It is just a test. STAY BLESSED.

Phone
BANNED

Post by Phone » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:04 pm

Do not worry... ukba is stupid most of the time, keep fighting, you will get it...
Trust me... I know money issue..but that how it is..

I also had to fight, but my french wife played a big role, and I got it in end... but money you have to spend... thank god, I had very very financially family behind me I mean in this country..

After you get pregant, do dna test, to show baby is your and your partner... ukba might say this is not your partner baby ( the one with bad immigration history).. trust me !!!.... rest choice is yours..

Evia89
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Post by Evia89 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:02 pm

Wise wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:38 pm
Listen and listen good. What they are trying to do is to test your level of relationship with him and also FINANCIALLY and above all EMOTIONALLY. Because as a woman how many out there will like to go through this just for the sake of being with someone, except if you both have strong feeling for each other or there was a child between both and that is what you need to demonstrate to them.

However, if your man has a poor immigration history with them in the past, home office will make his life difficult (God forbid) just as they are doing now but in the end they will issue the RC to him if you stay with him strongly. Again if you have a good lawyer your case can be win in the end but if your lawyer doesn't understand EU LAW properly then you will be screwed.

My advice is to stay firm with him and show what is in my first paragraph. Also if both of you has engaged in the issue of visiting your family doctor JP for pregnancy test/conceive and both names was in the paperwork during the test, that alone will justify genuine relationship.

Good luck.
Is baby the only solution? Of course we would like to start the family but first we should sort out this mess. We literally don’t know what can happen tomorrow, and a baby is a big commitment.

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Post by Wise » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:38 pm

No, but it is a very strong argument in many cases. Again, if there were either friends or family friends let them write about your relationship and include their ID and any proof of address all photocopies that might help as well. They are just an evil organization from head to toe.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.