ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa, what can be done?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

thunder2210
Newly Registered
Egypt

Tier1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa, what can be done?

Post by thunder2210 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:40 pm

Hello experts,

I have a couple of questions please regarding the Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa and I would like to hear from other members who already got it.

1- During the meeting with the endorsement office in Uni, they mentioned that I need to report back to them every quarter and that I need to be working on the main idea I propose during the panel review. They mentioned that if I decided to go for another business idea after getting the visa (like a franchise in the same category) they might withdraw the endorsement.

If that happened, will this immediately void my visa or what happens then? How is your experience with these university followups?

2- During the first year, if I got a full time job offer, can I switch from Tier1 Graduate Entrepreneur to Tier2?

3- After the first year, if I decided to switch to Tier1 Entrepreneur using the 50K route, how much time it usually takes to process the application? will I be able to stay till the decision is made?

Thank you so much for your help in advance.

marcnath

Re: Tier1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa, what can be done?

Post by marcnath » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:29 am

thunder2210 wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:40 pm
Hello experts,

I have a couple of questions please regarding the Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa and I would like to hear from other members who already got it.

1- During the meeting with the endorsement office in Uni, they mentioned that I need to report back to them every quarter and that I need to be working on the main idea I propose during the panel review. They mentioned that if I decided to go for another business idea after getting the visa (like a franchise in the same category) they might withdraw the endorsement.

If that happened, will this immediately void my visa or what happens then? How is your experience with these university followups?

2- During the first year, if I got a full time job offer, can I switch from Tier1 Graduate Entrepreneur to Tier2?

3- After the first year, if I decided to switch to Tier1 Entrepreneur using the 50K route, how much time it usually takes to process the application? will I be able to stay till the decision is made?

Thank you so much for your help in advance.
1. If your endorsement is withdrawn, HO will write to you informing you of your visa curtailment and the date you have to leave. I'll let others share their experience, if any, on the followups
2. Yes
3. Difficult to say, but your right to stay will be extended automatically until the decision is made if you make the T1E application before your T1GE expires.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

akaramat
Newly Registered
Belarus

Post by akaramat » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:05 pm

Hi, apologize, I am jumping in into this thread, I have a related question to the below under the quote:
3. Difficult to say, but your right to stay will be extended automatically until the decision is made if you make the T1E application before your T1GE expires.
Question: where in gov.uk site I can find information about your legal status while your application is under the process at home office for visa extension?

What I mean is: i have applied to extend my T1 GE visa from inside UK (before the prevous visa expiration date), now it is a month under the consideration at home office, so my visa expired and I am still waiting for the decision from Home office.

As far as I understood, while my documents are at home office, my status is legal here? if yes, does it mean that I can do whatever is permitted in my previous visa? (work, do business etc).

Is there any link in gov.uk website which expllicitly states that?

Thank you!

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:05 pm

akaramat wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:05 pm
Hi, apologize, I am jumping in into this thread, I have a related question to the below under the quote:
Question: where in gov.uk site I can find information about your legal status while your application is under the process at home office for visa extension?

What I mean is: i have applied to extend my T1 GE visa from inside UK (before the prevous visa expiration date), now it is a month under the consideration at home office, so my visa expired and I am still waiting for the decision from Home office.

As far as I understood, while my documents are at home office, my status is legal here? if yes, does it mean that I can do whatever is permitted in my previous visa? (work, do business etc).

Is there any link in gov.uk website which expllicitly states that?

Thank you!
Yes, your visa is extended under Section 3C of the immigration rules with the same conditions as when you made an in-time application. More details here.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

thunder2210
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by thunder2210 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:23 am

marcnath wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:29 am

1. If your endorsement is withdrawn, HO will write to you informing you of your visa curtailment and the date you have to leave. I'll let others share their experience, if any, on the followups
2. Yes
Thank you so much Mark for your help!