ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pr card received but no documents yet

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Afalimar11
- thin ice -
Morocco

Pr card received but no documents yet

Post by Afalimar11 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:22 pm

Hi is any one in a similar situation after a year of waiting they finally sent my permante residence card as I applied via a solicitor they sent it to him
But it’s been 3 weeks now and no documents yet
My solicitor says they will send them soon
Does any one know how long more do I have to wait ?
Thank you

NikiGio
Member of Standing
Mood:
Italy

Re: Pr card received but no documents yet

Post by NikiGio » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:32 pm

Congratulations on finally receiving your PR card!

There's no rule around how long you have to wait for the return of the documents - I got my documents back in the same envelope with the PR card.

In another forum, I've read some people received the card and the documents in separate envelopes, several days apart.

One person had to wait two months before getting the documents back - after several e-mails, an online request to return the papers, many phone calls and one last e-mail threatening the HO with legal action, they returned the documents. But this case is very rare. They didn't have a lawyer.

Given you have a solicitor handling your application, I would stick with their advice.

Let us know updates 👍
I am not an immigration lawyer. My comments are opinions, not legal advice.

Afalimar11
- thin ice -
Morocco

Re: Pr card received but no documents yet

Post by Afalimar11 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:38 pm

Thank you for your replay yeah I finally got it after a year and 2 months of wait . Hopefully will get them soon