ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

[EEA FP] Decision made but no communication and no documents sent back

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alex05
Newly Registered
Italy

[EEA FP] Decision made but no communication and no documents sent back

Post by alex05 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:46 pm

Following our previous application that got denied because our whatsapp chat wasn't translated, we've applied again on the 12th of September through the paid priority service. The priority service stated that a decision would have been made within 5 working days.

More than 20 days went by and we did not get any answer. My wife then called the Home Office to check what the status of her application was and why such delay even after paying for priority service. Turns out a decision was made on time, the 19th of September but no one knows why they still have her documents there and of course they can't even tell you what the decision was. The people on the phone mentioned that it could take 1/2 weeks for them to send the documents and they also said they'd put a notice within their system as "urgent" no clue what that means exactly.

Today it's exactly 2 working weeks since they've made a decision and we still have no clue why they've not provided an answer yet let alone sent her documents back. Our previous application took exactly 15 working days since the day we've applied to day she got the email with the decision they made so we're quite confused and worried.

Has anyone ever experienced such thing? Does anyone know why would they not communicate the decision and still hold her documents still in the UK?

NikiGio
Member of Standing
Mood:
Italy

Re: [EEA FP] Decision made but no communication and no documents sent back

Post by NikiGio » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:52 am

Sorry to hear about this - really unacceptable 👎

Write them a letter of complaint to the same adress you sent the application to, summarising all the info above and quoting the application details. Threaten them with taking them to court and tell them you want a refund of the fee paid for priority service -
may not work but worth a try. Send it be recorded delivery.

Also request return of the documents via the HO site link.

Good luck 👍
I am not an immigration lawyer. My comments are opinions, not legal advice.

NikiGio
Member of Standing
Mood:
Italy

Re: [EEA FP] Decision made but no communication and no documents sent back

Post by NikiGio » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:04 am

A query though - how did you manage to use the priority service for a FP application?

I thought the priority service was just for Tier 2 Visa applications and that EEA Family Permit applications are considered priority anyway and free of charge - but may be wrong.
I am not an immigration lawyer. My comments are opinions, not legal advice.