ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry/Exit passport stamps in non English language

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zooz333
Newly Registered

Entry/Exit passport stamps in non English language

Post by zooz333 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:56 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm looking forward to apply for ILR in a few months. I've been told that the case worker checks the entry and exit stamps in the passport to verify periods of absence from the UK. Since we don't pass by passport control when exiting the UK, I figure that the case worker will rely on entry stamps to the destination country for verification rather than exit stamp from the UK (Since there are none).

My question is: what if the entry stamp is in a non English language, do we have to get official English translation for those stamps? anyone had a similar experience where they had stamps with non English language?

Many thanks

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Entry/Exit passport stamps in non English language

Post by Djsuccess » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:46 am

zooz333 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:56 pm
Hello everyone,

I'm looking forward to apply for ILR in a few months. I've been told that the case worker checks the entry and exit stamps in the passport to verify periods of absence from the UK. Since we don't pass by passport control when exiting the UK, I figure that the case worker will rely on entry stamps to the destination country for verification rather than exit stamp from the UK (Since there are none).

My question is: what if the entry stamp is in a non English language, do we have to get official English translation for those stamps? anyone had a similar experience where they had stamps with non English language?

Many thanks
There are many ways the home office can verify your absences. Yes, they might be checking entry and exit stamps but nowhere was it stated in the application form that one requires translation if you have non-English language stamps in your passport. Your sponsor's letter of confirmation of absences is the required supporting document for proof of absence. You can also provide flight tickets if you have them
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.