ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

updating debit card for passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

usILR
Newly Registered
United States of America

updating debit card for passport application

Post by usILR » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:32 pm

The card I put on the passport application during the NDRS appointment is no longer valid. Is there a way to update it? I can see from other posts that passport fees are debited before the receipt of approval letter, I wonder if this could be causing delays

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: updating debit card for passport application

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:33 pm

Call HMPO if you have the reference number from your passport form and ask them.

Obvs if they cannot take payment, it will cause a slight delay.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

usILR
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by usILR » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:41 pm

Or maybe it's better to email them and ask? I think if you call it asks if you've applied over 6 months ago to get a live person on the line

Thank you very much

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:16 pm

6 months is relevant to HO not HMPO. I have suggested you phone HMPO as they process passport form payments.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

usILR
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by usILR » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:59 pm

I tried calling the Passport Office before, after I got the new debit card, they couldn't answer my question and did not take my reference number over the phone. I'll try them again, thanks.

usILR
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by usILR » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:30 pm

I called HMPO and they told me the fee was processed. I went through my bank statements and found that my card was charged approximately a month after I applied. I thought the fee was 95 pounds when it was actually 85 pounds on my statement, that's why I missed it before. I don't know if this means anything, I haven't received anything from HO yet. I am relieved it won't slow down my application at least.